Skip to content

Sorcerer AC?

uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
I am playing the black pits II, and I made twin sorcerers with near identical stats. They both have 18 Dexterity, and currently no magical items granting them AC bonuses. But one of them has 3AC, which I had expected, and the other one inexplicably has a natural -3AC. The one with -3AC has four more points of Wisdom, but I highly doubt that'd make a difference. The -3AC will cast Spirit Armor and have -11AC, which I had thought to be kind of wild. Does the community have any thoughts on how there could be such a huge difference in AC?
EDIT - They are both Dragon Disciples, if that makes any difference.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Wisdom does nothing to AC. What lvl are they? Dragon disciples gain AC bonus with levels. They don't wear any bracers or robe of the archmage (these set AC to a base better) right, even if one did casting spirit armor should not take it to -11. My guess is somehow one sorc got bugged and gained ac boost multiple times in a level up or something.
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    Right, I didn't think so. It was just the only difference besides strength between the two. The one being bugged is the only thing that makes sense, I'd guess. As they wear neither robes nor bracers. They are both level twelve I believe. I just thought it was odd that they would start at the same level but with six points of difference to AC. But a bug I suppose would be the only logical explanation.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Did you switch back and forth during character creation? I remeber there's a bug that the DD boni get applied multiple times if you jump back and forth...
    "Did you switch back and forth during character creation?"
    What do you mean by that? I had just started a new game and made six characters. When I went to equip some weapons I purchased, I noticed the difference in AC.
    Roll your stats, assign your proficiencies, then click backwards button back to the stats page to maybe check something before going forward to profs again. Maybe with the first one you rolled when you were looking how it would work out?
    Oh, I don't think I had done that. I did go back on my spells, though. Maybe that had something to do with it?
    Could be, I forgot on which of the screens the DD boni get applied, probably on the abilities which has the spells.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    OH GOD, I tried this, and, got 200 HP, 24 CON and -12 AC :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    CrevsDaak said:

OH GOD, I tried this, and, got 200 HP, 24 CON and -12 AC :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

is this what they call powergaming?

Only if you set up a six man party of these...
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited January 2014
    Soo...a 100% physical resistance barbarian/dwarven defender is a possibility without using EEkeeper? Ugh.

EDITS: Disregard above, seems to be glitching only with Dragon Disciple.
    Post edited by Queegon on
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Well, I just made a new DD and must have bugged it somehow. My con is 20 even though it was 16 on character creation (I'm an elf). AC seems to be 2 points lower than it should be too..

Bracers of defence AC 8
    Dexterity Bonus -4
    Ability Bonus -3
    Ring of the Princes -1

So I should be on AC 0 but I'm -2.

I guess it's because I went back and changed my spell picks?

I'd correct it with EEkeeper but... this is gonna be a solo run and just for funzies. Being OP can be fun sometimes :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    can i apply this bug to other classes? Make and DD until i assing proficience points, then go backward and redo the process more 2 or 3 times, after that i backtrack all the patch to class option and pick up an Kensai, would my kensai have the extra constitution and AC?
    No, because you roll stats again after you pick the class :)
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Just EEkeeper your stats, what's the difference? I double checked my DD and the AC is actually normal because I had a spell active. So all I really got out of it was extra con, which is fine cos it means I'll get free heals when resting/travelling. Pretty convenient