Skip to content

Dwarven Rune Wardstone, possible bug?

Could be a possible bug, but I really dont know.

Thing is, I entered Durlag's Tower for the first time without a previously obtained Ward Stone from Ulgoth's Beard. And I could clear the top floors and enter the first big dungeon level(1) without problems.
To get into dungeon level2, you need another wardstone, dropped by one of the 4 guardians.

So whats the first Dwarven Rune Wardstone™ for ? Where is it needed?

Comments

• kjdbaldurskjdbaldurs Member Posts: 21
    One you buy in the town is a fake stone.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    You can buy three others in UB that arent
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    All wardstones sold in Ulgoth's Beard are nothing but fake souvenirs. Although, I did hear rumors of one or two were intended to do certain things in Durlag's Tower... but that feature was cut from the game 15 years ago.
    I know for sure that without the bone ward stone, you trigger the "rune" trap, on the level right before the daemon prince. Others have function too, but I cant be 100% sure, because I always have them on me when visiting the Tower.

@Kamigoroshi at least the others are magical, the others is plain fake after ID-ing it, if you even have to.
    Also Ike's dialogue hints that his stone isn't fake, in contrary it is needed to enter the deeper levels.

So was it failed to implement in the original game?
    Or a bug in the EE ?
    Or do you need it someplace specific I haven't checked in my short visit
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    The bone wardstone is somewhere on the level where the trap is i belive. I went through it yestoday and found it there.
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    In my last run, I left all the wardstones obtained in Ulgoth's Beard in a chest on the entry level, and found that none of them were needed or that that run through the tower was any different than usual. I don't remember the vanilla version of Durlag's Tower so don't know if they had any use in that version, but I think they might just be a red herring.
    @ Lore
    that was meant as an explicit situation where a wardstone is needed :P (at least in a BGT setup )

So the EE disabled all those stone-checks according to victory_rose.
    victory_rose , do you remember if the Rune trap triggert? You can bypass it with the reflecting images or high magic resistance, otherwise its an instagib