Skip to content

How do I import the BG2:EE Ravager +6 into BG:EE?

I've been trying and it doesn't seem to work. Is it even possible to do? I assumed I could take a file from BG2:EE and just transfer it over, though I guess it isn't that simple.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It's more or less that simple, though after moving the ITM file to the BG:EE override you also need to add entries to dialog.tlk with the item name and description and connect those entries to the ITM file. You might need to move the icon BAM as well if it doesn't already exist in BG:EE. Then you just need to use the console or EE Keeper to add the item to your character.
  • jlarose23jlarose23 Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2014
    I'll take a look and get back to you. Thank you.

EDIT: I looked into it and it requires way too much effort. Was worth a shot though.
    Post edited by jlarose23 on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    If you want to do it with WeiDU, you can do this very simply, since @Erg is not coming to the site anymore I'll explain this.

BEGIN ~themodsname~

COPY ~Folder/RAVAGER.ITM~ ~Override~ // (let say you've renamed it to RAVAGER)
    Say 0x8 ~Haldberd~ // this is the unidentified name
    Say 0xC ~Ravager +6~ // identified name
    Say 0x50 ~unidentified description goes here~
    Say 0x54 ~identified description~
    END
    The inventory animation (BAM) is in the game (BG:EE), I don't know if the description image is there.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It is simple to do via Dltcep. Just get the item file into your override folder of bg:ee and edit its description and itrm names via dltcep and it should work.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    If you are afraid your not going to link it up properly you can also use near infinity and just create the item by copying a generic halberd and changing the description etc.
  • jlarose23jlarose23 Member Posts: 24
    I really appreciate the help guys. I'll probably take another look.