Skip to content

When/how does Jaheira's quest start? *minor spoiler*

I'm currently starting chapter 3 and have done all NPC quests I want to do, except Jaheira's.
She's in my party from the start, I'm at day ~50 and I never dumped her. I've done her small curse-quest already and now I'm waiting for the Harper questline to start.
Is there a special trigger or do I just have to wait some more time?

Comments

• TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    That's weird, so you haven't gotten the ambush scenario that involves taking the sick man to his friends , and then having Xzar proposition you? I remember having done one part of that quest but not the other and not seeing progress for a long time as well.
  • TomarctusTomarctus Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2013
    Are you romancing Jahiera? If you are, the quest seems to be stuck on a different timer which waits for a certain part of the romance. If you want, this can be fixed by kicking her out of the party and then picking her up again. Do note that this will reset or abolish (not sure which) the romance with her, but it will start up the quest nearly instantly.
    edited November 2013
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraMatch","GLOBAL")
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS")

First command tells you what state the relationship is in. Second one tells you if she's even interested in you at all. Third one tells you where you're up to in the relationship (you need to mouse-over her to use it). But it sounds like you haven't done the harper-hold quest which occurs from being "waylaid by enemies" in Athkatla, though, you could have just agreed to Xzar's request and ambled off, forgetting about the quest. Have done that before.
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2013
    I'm currently not romancing her. There have been some love talks with her but I'm persuing another romance, so (I think because of that) Jaheiras talks have stopped some time ago.

I've brought the sick man to his friends. Concerning Xzar, iirc he wanted something from me but I refused. There's nothing of it in the quest log.

What do I need to do now?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Isn't that part of the quest only part of her romance ?
    I believe that you only get the curse quest if you're not romancing her, but I could be mistaken
    As could I, I've always done the harper stronghold, and always had the following quests/talks despite pursuing another romance. I shall have to experiment next time.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

I've brought the sick man to his friends. Concerning Xzar, iirc he wanted something from me but I refused.

I'm not sure, but I think this is part of the quest chain.
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    I haven't done anything with Jaheria in a while. I thought that the Baron Ployer quest was part of her quest/romance-line.
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    You have to do Harper hold quest for Xzar.
    And later after Meronia appears go to the Harper hold to meet with Galvarey. This meeting is key in her whole plot and reason for later encounters with other harpers. Also, if you don't romance her, time between encounters is longer, as far as I know.
    edited November 2013
    So I guess I'll just have to talk to Xzar again. If he's not hanging around there any more for some reason, I'll just CLUA him back.

Thanks for the help so far, guys.
    Ok, it was really just necessary to accept Xzar's mission...
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    i've just completed the quest for xzar but now nothing happens...
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2014
    Isn't the next stage (post Xzar quest) to go into the tavern nearby? I think that's where you meet Baron Ployer...

It's possible this is just part of the romance string though, like buying the locket from that merchant... Struggling to remember as I've not rolled with J since Harper's Call started bugging...
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    It's been a while for me, but isn't Reviane next? And don't you have to be outside Athkatla for her to show up (I think this last happened for me in Trademeet)?
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I completed this (I am romancing Neera, hopefully, so it has nothing to do with romancing Jaheira afaik) - you do the random rescue the sick guy, then I agreed to help Xzar, then I got Jaheira cursed by Baron blah blah.

Did everything along the quest lines - between some of the parts, LOTS of time goes by - I think several months of ingame time (back and forth from Umar hills to Athkatla, again and again and again and again and again and again and again...rinse, repeat).

I'm sure Jaheira would have died of old age first...hehe. I know Neera got crows feet! Just sayin'!

Anyway, did everything and got to the last part - even got the Harper Pin for all *my* pains, but did I get 100,000 xp?

NO!

I really would like to put a boot in "Terminsel", I tell ya!

Bleh.

The only "good" thing about it all was not having to go through all those banters with Jaheira (since I was not romancing her). Yayyy!
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    This quest takes so long I just progress it with console now :)

Don't use these codes out of order you might mess up the scripts, and its probably better not to use them if you are romancing her rather you should just advance time to trigger things through the romance.

If Dermin hasn't appeared first time :
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminAppear","GLOBAL",1)

If he hasn't met with Jaheira 2nd time :
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",3)

If he hasn't appeared 3rd time :
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",5)

Not appearing Reviane :
    She should appear after dialogue lovetalk=34

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("RevianeSpawn","LOCALS",1)
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("RevianeAppear","GLOBAL",1)

Not appearing Terminsel (2nd time) :

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TerminselSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TerminselAppear","GLOBAL",1)

You can actually just use the codes to advance the story without waiting any time in between.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    One thing that really got my goat was while I was doing these...quests, I was also caught up in the Umar Hills stuff (my main being a Ranger and all) - and that silly little boy showed up right as some Harper came along. Well, the boy didn't say anything, as the Harper was blathering this and that, and eventually went away - I tried to engage the boy in speech, but to no avail.

By the time I got to Umar Hills, it was too late, and that was the end of the Stronghold stuff for my Ranger.

Really nasty if you ask me.

Save the forest, or save Jaheira. Now that is some choice! I wonder what she would have wanted - I know, I know, save the forest.

Bah. Mebbie I will just go back to being a fallen Ranger, like in BG.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    "Nature's servant awaits."
    Oh DOES she, Jaheira? Does she really?