Skip to content

BG2:EE (iPad vesion): Can Yoshimo pickpocket a cloak from Treya?

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any specific requirements for pickpocketing the cloak from Treya (Rasaad encounter in Trademeet)?

My group consists of charname Blade (17), Minsc (15), Yoshimo (17), Neera (15) and Cernd (13).

When I tried to steal the cloak with my bard (pickpocketing skill at 70), I quite expectedly got a message that no item could be stolen from her by a cut-purse of your skill. Ok.

Then I put Yoshimo to work, his pickpocketing skill at 100. But no way, he received the same notice about low skill.

So Yoshimo puts on Gloves of Pickpocketing (+20%) and gets 120 pickpocketing - no item can be stolen from Treya by a cut-purse of your skill.

Yoshimo drinks all 3 available potions of master thievery (40%x3=120%) and gets 240 pickpocketing - and still - no item can be stolen from her by a cut-purse of your skill.

The messages were not about failure in pickpocketing, they were all about low skill.

I killed Treya to see what she had. The cloak, 2 potions of healing and 1 potion of free action.

Why Yoshimo's skill at 240 is too low to steal potions?

I remember it was discussed in BG:EE threads that to steal cloaks, bracers and gloves one needed a pickpocketing skill of 80 or 85. I can understand that the value is a bit higher for BG2:EE, but not more than twice as higher...

Why Yoshimo with pockpocketing at 240, is not able to steal the cloak?

I play the iPad version of BG2:EE.

Comments