Skip to content

#7469 [HEXXAT] - Minor bug in Hexxat's second quest

Admiral_ThrawnAdmiral_Thrawn Member Posts: 27
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Should the door to the final guy be pickable? If not, then it needs to be made a plot lock.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I don't understand where is the bug nor what is happening.
    Please gave more information so I can help you.
  • Admiral_ThrawnAdmiral_Thrawn Member Posts: 27
    In the Tomb where you get the claw, part of it is you have to either "kill" the guy holding the key (although it's debatable that you're killing him, since he's undead), or kill six of the guy's lieutenants. Or you can either pick his pocket for the key, or just pick the lock on the door. (for the most XP, pick the door, then kill the lieutenants), and finally get the claw.
    edited January 2014
    Can you upload a save game of this issue happening, I've made this mission and did not run into any bug.
    The guard Keno is supposed to be killed by the Mind Flayers, so you can take the key.
    The other guy with the key makes you a game/riddle (I was playing so I simply killed him), killing him makes everyone else turn hostile, but anyway you get more XP.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @CrevsDaak They're saying that a door that requires a key can be picked.

It should not be pickable. I've registered this as #7469.
    edited January 2014
    Jalily said:

@CrevsDaak They're saying that a door that requires a key can be picked.

Oh, I didn't get it, in my game it was unpickable (tried several times until finding the key).
    EIDT: I haven't tried with one of them, I think this is the one he is talking about.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    If you tried several times, you must have gotten the "Lock Pick Failed" message, which means your skill just wasn't high enough. An unpickable lock will display this: "The mechanism that operates this does not have a conventional lock and may be warded against simple spells."
    @Jalily no, I directly got "The mechanism that operates this door does not have a conventional lock and may be warded against simple spells", I was trying with Hexxat (without the Cloak of Dragomir) who has 100 (no more, no less) in that skill (Open Locks).
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Marking for 7469 and attaching to Consolidated Report.