Skip to content

Thief experience 'bumps' for disarming traps and picking locks

In BG2 the amount of experience that a thief earns for disarming traps and picking locks goes up at certain levels.

Could someone tell me precisely at what levels these increases occur? I have the impression that one 'bump' is at level 10, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Comments

• Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    it is a tricki one.
    1750xp/400xp until lvl 11 thief(220000XP)
    2750xp/950xp until lvl 16 thief(1320000XP)
    3250xp/1550xp to max lvl.
    if you play just thief is simple like i wrote abow but if you play multi you must get to that level in bouth classes for dual i don't now it strange for example imoen get 2750 xp on lvl 7/14 and 3250 at 7/24 i gess that it is (lvl1+lvl2)/2 if 10,5-15 then 2750 from 15,5 3250
    Thrasymachus
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 872
    @Dzuk5: thanks.
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94
    Is that really how it works? I thought it had to do with how difficult the locks/traps are? I've picked locks next to each other that has given me different XP.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    egon said:

Is that really how it works? I thought it had to do with how difficult the locks/traps are? I've picked locks next to each other that has given me different XP.

I can't see how that could have happened unless you have actually levelled up to where the experience changes after the first and before the second.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    egon said:

Most likely you disarmed a trap and unlocked a container next to it (or the same one)
    jackjack