Skip to content

Exporting Jaheira to BG2:EE - Dexterity and Wisdom

I am at the point of BGEE where you can use a tome of wisdom to boost an ability and am wondering if I should use it on my charname or an NPC.

My question is the following: I know that Jaheria's dexterity will be modified to 18 in BG2EE. If I export her from my final save file to BG2EE, will she still gain the 18 dexterity boost and maintain the modified wisdom (18) from the 3 tomes of wisdom I plan to use on her? Or by exporting her, will she keep her modified wisdom and maintain her lower BGEE dexterity?

Comments

• luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    edited January 2014
    NPCs will not keep modified stats when importing into BG2. Use the books on your charname.

edit: ninja'd
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i've actually thought of sometime just EEKEEPERing in the stats for NPCs. it feels like wisdom was completely wasted on my f/t charname when I have Jaheira around who could have put the extra spells to good use considering she is already a multi class so her progression is slow

@heindrich1988 definitely something I like about our multiplayer game is that we don't need to be so wasteful with the tomes lol :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    luskan said:

NPCs will not keep modified stats when importing into BG2.

I just put this to the test by giving Dynaheir the tome of charisma and then importing her into BG2 as a party member (not the PC), and she still has the extra tomed point of charisma.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014
    @SharGuidesMyHand

Importing a character like that is mechanically different to what OP is asking about. Any imported character would have exactly what you left them with in the character file.

However if you just import the saved game from BG 1 into BG 2, u only import the information for Charname, and all the NPC companions u meet are essentially a brand new version of the character (if they are returning cast from BG 1).

Imagine if u imported BG 1 endgame Jaheira into BG 2, u'd end up with 2 Jaheiras... and only the BG 2 version will have the NPC banters and quests. The manually imported Jaheira, like your Dynaheir, will just be treated like any custom NPC.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited January 2014
    kabigon87 said:

My question is the following: I know that Jaheria's dexterity will be modified to 18 in BG2EE. If I export her from my final save file to BG2EE, will she still gain the 18 dexterity boost and maintain the modified wisdom (18) from the 3 tomes of wisdom I plan to use on her? Or by exporting her, will she keep her modified wisdom and maintain her lower BGEE dexterity?

The problem here is that you're talking about two different versions of Jaheira - your tomed version that you played through BG1, and the default computer-generated version that starts off in BG2. The version that you import from BG1 should have the same stat arrangement as she does at the time you exported her. However, the computer-generated version will have a predesignated stat arrangement, and the tomes you gave to your BG1 version will have no bearing on this.

Also, you will start off BG2 with two Jaheiras in your party, which may drive you out of your mind, LOL.

EDIT: See Heindrich's post above for a more concise breakdown of what I'm referring to.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Just eekeeper the BG2 Jaheira to have 3 more wisdom. I indend to do that to Valyar this run so he can dual to cleric!
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    I think it's generally accepted to EEkeeper returning NPCs stats in BG2 to match stat increases you gave them in BG.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    edited January 2014
    You could just CLUAConsole in some tomes and identify scrolls for the same purpose.

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("book03") 3 through 8 etc etc and ("scrl75") for identify scrolls and have imeon identify the tomes then dole them out as you had before.

I often add xp up to the bgee cap to the npc's as well since they seem to have been deprived of that as well. Note if you buff Imoen's stats in Chateau Irenicus she lose those stats when you meet her next in Spellhold so you'll have to repeat the process. Perhaps with Jaheira as well when she leaves the party and visits Harper Hold on occasion so better check them on returns heh...