Skip to content

miscast magic

I don't know if it's a bug o some kind of wild surge gone wrong, but it's been several days (game-wise), that damned status keeps on popping back up randomly on my party members and no amount o resting/dispelling seems to work: sometimes it vanishes, only to return in a few seconds on more than one character: it's starting to get really annoying...

anyone, please help!
:(

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Are you in the wild forest? That's a wild magic zone...
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    no, I'm in Athkatla: it started in the circus tent...
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    Is one of your characters wielding the Brick (from the wild mage camp)?
    @victory_rose
    yep, so it is 'wild surge cast' instead of 'miscast magic' despite the symbol being the same?
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    Apparently. I had been noticing this for a couple of game days in a recent run, and it never occurred to me to suspect the Brick (Anomen was wielding it because I thought he was a bit too squishy at the time - the group was still fairly low level and didn't have the best equipment). I hadn't obtain the magic license yet and I was very careful to cast only magic off the streets of Athkatla and only during the times that the symbol disappeared so I didn't experience an excess of wild surges (and when I did, I thought it was due to Neera).

It wasn't until I was in the Temple Sewers on my way to recruit Keldorn that I reread the description for the Brick (was checking its damage output) and the hammer dropped - literally. I've not used the Brick since then. :)
    thank you, man!
    i dropped that thing and it was gone!