Skip to content

BGIIEE vs. BG(SoA & ToB)

Ive read some and found the following:
BGIIEE have bug's that the programmers havn't focus on fixing. Since they are busy finishing Android. BGIIEE is unstable.
BGII(SoA & ToB), run "smute" since bug's have been fixed for most parts.

The difference between BGIIEE & BG(SoA & ToB) is, BGIIEE have "The Pit 2" and 4 more classes. More easy to multiplay.

The question is, is it worth getting BGIIEE, I already have BG(SoA & ToB)?

Will it be possible multiplay using BG(SoA & ToB) when the other you play with use BGIIEE?
We start playing (BGEE).

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    It's worth it. There are some bugs, but they're not terribly serious. There's a support thread on the forum with workarounds for various issues you may encounter - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24795/hotfixes-workarounds-and-how-to-activate-the-console#latest

A patch is on its way and it will likely fix all of these.

The overall experience is better, and there is added content which you will probably appreciate.
  • waehuunwaehuun Member Posts: 26
    From what I have seen, BG2EE > BG2(SoA&ToB)

But, without doubt, currently modded Bg2(SoA&ToB), i.e. BGT(Big World) >>> modded BG2EE
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    BG 2EE also has 4 (or more...) New NPCs and associated quests. The game has some bugs, but is being actively supported by a dev team and helpful community, and I think the worst of them problems you might have read about relate to the Ipad version.

I am pretty sure that BG 2 Vanilla and BG 2EE are not mutually compatible for multiplayer. However, BG EE endgame saves do work in BG 2 Vanilla for singleplayer purposes, unless you use EE kits like Blackguard.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    All bugs that I've seen on the forums (and experienced) so far have been minor and the developers (and sometimes forum-users) have been quick to provide hot-fixes. so if bugs are your only worry, it really shouldn't be. throw in the fact that you don't need to mod anything like you do with vanilla and that if you didn't want to mod bg2ee the enhanced edition has far more potential for modding, i don't know why you wouldn't get bg2ee if you wanted to play it
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    honestly it depends what your looking for in the EE, some things you may wish to consider:

it certainly isn't a bug free experience as yet, I know I ran into at least one bug that would have ended my game without the use of console. Ofcourse this varies hugely between players my friend had basically no major issues and only one or two very minor issues

new UI, how much does this matter to you? do you have any issues old ui are you ok with the new one?

do you value any of the new classes? personally they make little difference to me as i moslty use halflings or half-elfs and that only gives me access to 2 and neither are particularly impressive
    (dragon disciple is ok but lacklustre)

to what extent are you interested in the new characters and there content? how much do these characters interest you again how much you get out of them will vary between players.

i do no think that BG2EE and BG2 will be compatible on multiplayer you will most likely both need the same version of the game
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited January 2014
    Most of the big BG2:EE bugs happen in throne of bhaal, so BG2:EE > BG2 SoA
    If you plan on doing ToB, be weary of some of the bugs that still haven't been corrected and can screw with your game (especially if you play with the new characters - old content has way, way less bugs than new content)
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    I say get BG2EE. I played the original but like this better, and have only noticed a couple of minor bugs - no barrier to playing the game (although I've not gone through to ToB yet so can't comment on that)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    OK, after taking a look at all those new 2DA that were hardcoded, I definetly go for BG2:EE.
    After seeing all the new items icon reworks, I definetly go for BG2:ToB, the new item artworks are horrid (sorry guys, I dislike them).
    After seeing new quests in ToB, I'll go for BG2:EE.
    After seeing all the graphical enhancements on the game, I'd go for BG2:EE.
    After knowing that Beamdog has such a good customer service, BG2:EE.
    It does not feel like BG2:ToB, the interface is too different, and the button click sound is a shit now.
    I'll miss Ascension, but I still on Chapter 3 so I can't say anything now, and I also have (heavily modded) vanilla, so...
    BG2:EE is much more stable than BG2:ToB, at least every time I equip an armor there is no chance of the game crashing and there are no chances of starting of this happening when trying to set up a multiplayer game....
  • GimleGimle Member Posts: 10
    Thank you very much, for all the feedbacks :D
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    No I don't think the EE is worth it currently. There are a ton of immersion breaking bugs in the game and yes the devs are prioritisng Android over fixing them, disrespecting their existing customers. My two EE playthroughs have been the least enjoyable playthroughs I've ever had.

I think the game will be worth it in a year or so when it's had a couple more patches and there is better mod support.