Skip to content

Where do I find Kivan in BG1?

Any help appreciated, Thanks

Going to swap him for Rasaad...

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    High Hedge, just West of Beregost.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    If you head SW after exiting from Beregost, you'll find him standing in a clump of trees. You'll need to keep your eyes open though, he can be a little hard to see.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Got him, thanks
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Be aware that Kivan really, really, really wants to go to the bandit camp, and if you pick him before you have the bandit camp unlocked, you basically have to rush to just doing plot critical missions to get there in time (IE, with Kivan, you won't have time to do the gnoll stronghold for Minsc/Edwin- you'd have to run to the Mines then to Tranzig then to the bandits). He's sort of silly that way: I've had him storm off when we're in the forest just about to 'join' the bandits, foo.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah I remember back in the day you didn't have to do this, now they made it so you have to sprint there as fast as you can, kind of silly I think, I liked it better when I could take my time getting there
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    sarevok57 said:

yeah I remember back in the day you didn't have to do this, now they made it so you have to sprint there as fast as you can, kind of silly I think, I liked it better when I could take my time getting there

To be fair, it was always supposed to be like that; some of the bugs fixed by EE were convenient exploits that actually helped the player, this being one of them.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Ok so I'm not prepared to rush just for Kivan, am I able to drop him and come back for him later or has the clock started ticking now he's joined me?
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    I don't think you can in the main game. WIth a mod that allows companions to wait at Inns, I think it would work, but I don't think it will in the main game. Still, give it a try and see. You're already going to lose him if you don't rush, so this will just tell if you if you lose him now or later.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Just rush it that's what I ended up doing, I had to do Nashkel mines with 1 rest same with bandits...