Skip to content

Hey! Can someone make boots of speed usable by Wilson?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
Hi. I just got an awesome animal companion, and I love him! However, he is so slow compared to my party... and he can't use boots of speed! Any way to fix this? Or any way to increase his movement rate with eekeeper?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited January 2014
    That's easily done. Open your saved game in EE Keeper and select Wilson. In the 'Affects' tab select the spell effect 0x00B5 (it hasn't been named yet; NearInfinity calls it 'Disallow item type') with Param1 = 4 (item category 'Boots'), and remove the entry from the list. Your bear companion will now be able to wear boots (or shoes, or slippers, or ...).

If you want to remove more restrictions from Wilson, this is the list of relevant item categories:
    0 - Miscellaneous
    1 - Amulets and necklaces
    2 - Armor
    3 - Belts and girdles
    4 - Boots
    5 - Arrows
    6 - Bracers and gauntlets
    7 - Headgear
    9 - Potions
    10 - Rings
    11 - Scrolls
    12 - Shields
    14 - Bullets
    15 - Bows
    16 - Daggers
    17 - Maces
    18 - Slings
    21 - Hammers
    22 - Morning stars
    23 - Flails
    24 - Darts
    25 - Axes
    26 - Quarterstaves
    27 - Crossbows
    28 - Hand-to-hand weapons
    29 - Spears
    30 - Halberds
    31 - Bolts
    32 - Cloaks and Robes
    35 - Wands
    36 - Containers
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    In addition if you install SCS you have the option to install smarter bears which increases their movement speed, should probably apply to Wilson as well (unconfirmed though)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @booinyoureyes do you have a save with Wilson? Send it to me so I can see how the restrictions work, I'll give this a try under my super-not-so-secret name of Crevspenar.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @crevsdaak I actually decided not to take him... lol. But I'll upload it tomorrow when I'm back with my computer. Thanks man! You're the best
    @booinyoureyes thanks, I have lots pf free time and nothing to do, that's what happens.
    I don't have any rush, I'll be playing and trying to see if I can cheat the HLA tables to death, for my K/C/A run and for The Great One's BP2.
    @booinyoureyes :) file? me Gnarl me file hungry! :) can i haz save with Wilson to mod the boots?
    how do i upload?
    Zip the saced game (the 0000000 folder with Wilson in it) and use the Attach a file button in the bottom of the comment, then just post the comment.image
    does it matter if it is heavily modded?
    not to me, I don't think I'll use more than NI, so, nope.