Skip to content

Vithal quest bug (spoiler)

I have searched if this has already been reported, and I apologize if it has, but I wasn't able to find it.

Anyway, as soon as I approach the portal where the earth elemental should appear it is already there. And it keeps spawning as soon as I kill it. The same thing goes for the air elemental but not for the fire one (very peculiar but nice). All this makes the quest very difficult to complete and I hope there's a way to fix this.
I have a Mac and the latest patch.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It is supposed for the portals to spawn infinite Elementals, and when you go with Vithal they spawn Greater Elementals. they are not infinite, they are just like, well, more than 15 (a lot).
    if the Fire ones don't spawn: there is the only bug here.
    i think they shouldn't spawn if you are with Vithal but I've killed them before talking to Vithal all my times.
  • SignhildSignhild Member Posts: 6
    Ah, thanks for the explanation.
    The thing is that I never experienced this before (having played this infinite times (heh) but never before the EE version). And they do spawn when Vithal is there, so when he conjure the greater elemental there is also a (almost) never-ending spawning of elementals. Which makes the quest a lot more difficult.

Now, at least, I know that if I kill the more than 15 elementals the quest should go much easier.
    But I still think someone should look into it since the quest behaves a little bit peculiar.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I really don't know as I always killed the elementals first, you can use CRTL+Y on them if you find them too annoying, you can see how to enable the console here if you haven't already.