Skip to content

Official updates for the original versions of Baldur's Gate

KaiDanKaiDan Member Posts: 14
I love both versions of Baldur's Gate, thanks to each one having a different feeling and atmosphere, even if they are the same game. There are some things in the original version of Baldur's Gate that Overhall could easily update; a few examples.

Openal sound conversion: Overhall already did this for E.E., but why not easily add it to the original?

Very easy bug fixes: Ones that Overhall can quickly fix since they have full access to the game.

External saves: All saves and configurations are saved outside of the game (in "My Documents" on windows
version); like openal, Overhall has already done this with E.E. Doing this will make transferring the files less of a headache.

I know some of these are easy fixes while others might require extensive code modification, but releasing official updates to the original version would players experience them better.

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    They make no money at all from the original game, all money generated by those copies of the game go towards someone else. What incentive do they have to support another companies work without compensation?

And also, why duplicate work unnecessarily?
    GodKaiserHell