Skip to content

(N)PC voices cutting off

As someone who played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 back when they came out, the NPC and PC voices (such as battle shouts) cutting off mid sentence because another sound starts playing is really bothering me and ruining my immersion.

After searching the forums, this seems to be a known issue for BGII EE (and even a "feature", albeit a terrible one), but BG EE is suffering from this problem as well. Are there any plans of getting this fixed? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Terrible feature, not a bug, make this as a feature request please, I'll gladly support it :)
  • KangaxxTheLichKangaxxTheLich Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

Terrible feature, not a bug, make this as a feature request please, I'll gladly support it :)

The way I understand it, it was added as a feature to stop different party members from talking simultaneously (see this post: https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/385281/#Comment_385281) but what happened is that speech gets cut off by pretty much anything: enemy taunts, enemy grunts when they get hit, even the squeak of a squirrel passing by.

In this sense, it is bugged, as the feature isn't working as intended, and it should be added to the list of known issues.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @KangaxxTheLich it is desired to work that way, it looks like a bug but it is a horrible feature, I know why this has been created and why it is so bad, I'm recommending you to make a feature request, since they don't take this as a bug.
  • KangaxxTheLichKangaxxTheLich Member Posts: 14
    CrevsDaak said:

@KangaxxTheLich it is desired to work that way, it looks like a bug but it is a horrible feature, I know why this has been created and why it is so bad, I'm recommending you to make a feature request, since they don't take this as a bug.

That's a bit odd, but thanks for the advice. I made a new thread under Feature Requests.