Skip to content

Stalker -> Cleric Or Ranger -> Cleric

In both cases dualling at levels 5 to 9 not decided and it depends which class i play.

So in these 2 instances Stalker dualed to cleric (most likely at level 9 for the 3rd backstab) or Ranger Dualed to Cleric at level 5, 7 or 9 havent decided yet.

What is the most fun to play ? what is the major differences ? what would you choose and why ?

Many thanks

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Well, with stalker you can actually stealth relatively reliably (if you dual at 9) also the backstab with quarterstaffs can be fun. Obviously that also can be problematic in terms of armor. Also, I am unsure if you gain the mage spells, but those are mainly cool and not that important maybe?
    In general I would say that Stalker -> cleric might make a cool RP character. Where the ranger/cleric is just a fighter/cleric with druid spells - The stalker (to my eyes) can be a kick ass quarterstaff-wielding priest of the wilds >:D
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Then again white dragon scale still allows stealth so what's the penalties?
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2014
    kryptix said:

Then again white dragon scale still allows stealth so what's the penalties?

White dragon scale is available in TOB after doing Watcher's keep. Playing BG1 and SoA without decent armor is kind of penalty :P

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Black Dragon Scales allows steakth too and is available in SoA.
    If you can get Stalker spells (Haste & so on), I'd say Stalker cleric is clearly the better choice (A cleric casting Haste ? Yummy !)
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    @Aranthys True, but that requires dualing at level 12, in which case you can wait for level 13 for +1/2 APR. But thats awful lot of time to reach as Ranger, and the inactive period follows....
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741

White Dragon Scale also requires Evilness, which is usually a no go for a 2E Ranger (depends on your roleplay)

I think you can also backstab with a club... super effective against baby seals (but -12 reputation)

Nope the white dragon scales are found on the floor in level 3 of WK in one of the final rooms, the dragon was killed by the demons not by you so no evilness.

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Arent white dragons evil anyway? Silver dragons are the good ones?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    oops, I got confused with Adalon. My bad
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    Silver, white, what's the diff? Making fine suits of armor is their purpose in life.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    lol. I was thinking the armor penalty is very high as well as i dont think i will be able to tank very well with maximum studded leather armor.
    But stealth and back stab are fun to use but i will need another tank in that case i think.

Thanks for all the replies :)