Skip to content

What is the duration of Ghost Armor?

golingarfgolingarf Member Posts: 157
I bought a scroll of Ghost Armor (level 3 mage spell) which said that the duration of the spell was 2 hours. When I right-clicked on the spell in my spellbook, it said the duration was 1 hour. I then looked online in Baldur's Gate Wiki, and it said that the duration was 5 turns. Does anyone know which of these estimates (if any) is correct?

Edit: I just looked in the Beamdog manual, and it said the duration was 10 turns. The question still stands.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    5 turns. Which is the same as 5 minutes in real time (which is 1 hour game time).
  • golingarfgolingarf Member Posts: 157
    edited February 2014
    I believe 1 hour is 6 turns, no? That's the case in PnP.

So the descriptions on the scrolls and in the manual are just typos or what?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    The game is a compressed version of PnP. 1 hour in game time is 5 minutes in real time (which is 5 turns).

It looks like in the BGEE scroll description it still says 2 hours, but in the BG2EE description it says 1. It looks like the description is wrong in both the BGEE manual and for scrolls in game, but the manual seems to have been fixed for BG2EE in this regard (as well as the in game description). So especially in the case of the in-game description its probably just an oversight. In any case the spell lasts for 300 seconds.
  • golingarfgolingarf Member Posts: 157
    Thanks for clearing that up - I can't believe I didn't know that. Why in the world would they make 5 turns an hour? Oh well.