Skip to content

Do neutral characters stick around even if you are absolutely evil?

I plan on playing the game with an evil party that stays at the lowest reputation possible >:)
so i'd like to know which and if neutral characters stick around even if i am completely evil

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    No.

Neutral Characters leave if your party goes to very low reputations. They complain at very high reputation, but don't actually leave.
  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2014
    Things get tough if your rep is 3 or lower.

Good info here - http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Reputation
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
    If you want an evil party the best members to pick up (in my opinion) are Dorn, Hexxat, Edwin, and Korgan. You can skip one or more of them depending on what class you are if you want to keep your party small for increased XP.
  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2014
    AnimusRex said:

If you want an evil party the best members to pick up (in my opinion) are Dorn, Hexxat, Edwin, and Korgan. You can skip one or more of them depending on what class you are if you want to keep your party small for increased XP.

Yeah you've got a really strong power party there, add in Viconia and you have all your bases covered...but obviously rocking a 6 member party then.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    In BG2, you have Edwin, Korgan, Dorn, Hexxat, Viconia and TOB adds Sarevok. The bad news: These are your only options. The good news: They make a very balanced party and you can make charname anything you like.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Imoen will never leave you permanently. Just raise your reps and she will join you again.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited February 2014
    When I was young I would only play good parties and consequently had no experience with the "evil triumvirate" of Edwin korgan and Viconia. Come EE edition I finally played evil and man are they awesome. Vicky's MR is brokenly good, Korgan is about as good as a PC berserker, and Edwin is more powerful than even a PC mage.

With a PC thief/anything, you don't even need a 5 or 6 person party, although Dorn and to a lesser extent Hexxat compliment them very well.
  • Viconia_DeVirViconia_DeVir Member Posts: 80
    While few can boast the stomach to journey alongside such ill-reputed companions, some unlikely allies do provide their advantages. Those of a less flexible morality can still prove intriguing assets, but caution must be taken to humour their coddled or righteous dispositions. Even those with little care for such things can balk from the unavoidably visceral nature of survival, at times - not always from the act itself, but if they find themselves confronted by a companion's lack of regard or regret. Jal khaless zhah waela; doubly so among those of threadbare conscience.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    The evil 5 are insanely powerful, and perfectly balanced (party composition-wise... Not power-wise) leaving you the freedom to play whatever charname you want (Blade/ any secondary caster works well).
    The biggest problem is who to drop for Sarevok... Dorn is the obvious candidate as far as party-role goes, but he has associated quests. Likewise for Hexxat... The others are indispensable for me :)...
    In my evil run I ended up leaving the 'Vok at home (I keep expecting to find Cespenar dismembered!).
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    It woul be good if neutral characters leave the party if it's reputation would become too high. In that case Jaheira should be made good alingment, since she is anything but neutral.

Meh I feel incilned to start playing with tweakpack and NPC mode once more.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Back to the roots :
    You (F/T), Viconia, Edwin, Korgan.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    edited February 2014
    If your reputation reaches 2 (or is it 1?), neutral characters will leave. But you need to start worrying about your reputation around 6 anyways because if it goes below that The Flaming Fist guards in towns start attacking you...
  • KilliKilli Member Posts: 14
    But ain't that the fun? :D
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    edited February 2014
    I also played a 100% evil party for the first time after getting BGEE. My PC is a level 7 Blackguard and I have Dorn, Edwin, Viconia, Shar-Teel (Lvl 6 fighter/lvl 8 thief), and....

Baeloth

So my party is...um....a little overpowered. But it's fun being a total jerk to everyone. :) And people are so gullible that if my reputation ever drops low enough that the Flaming Fist are constantly on my ass, I can just bribe the local temple into putting in a good word for me so that they stay out of my hair....until someone else pisses me off and I have no choice but to end their pathetic existence.

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited February 2014
    you can easily roleplay an extremely evil character, even a chaotic one and have rep above 3, don't worry
    remember that being chaotic evil doesn't 'necessarily' mean that you have to go around killing random commoners in towns or not reloading after unsuccessful pickpocketing which are about the only things that can drop your rep that low
    :)