Skip to content

Black Pits 2, I miss my capes

So in the first black pits game I basicly replayed the ice salamander battle for hours on end to get enough money to buy out the stores and fully optimize my men into super fighting machines in preparation for my first game of Black Pits 2.

...Well, anyone who's played Black Pits 2 knows how that went. I saw a rumor that theres a way to get your items back, though. Is this true, or shall I wave a sad goodbye to my most beloved boots of the cheetah?

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You'll get new, better items anyway.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    You have the same issue with "not enough gold to buy the best gear for everyone" for a long time in Black Pits 2 again. All items you had in BP1 are in the stores though, so if you really want the exact same gear, you can get it back.
    To save gold, you can also appeal to the audience to donate for you and get a free magical item (weapon, armor) after a battle. If you have an archer/bow user, you can save a lot by pickpocketing Arrows +1 and Arrows of Piercing from the guards (also health potions).
    Merchants get new items after completed tiers, so some of the BP1 items may not be available from the start.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Well...I suppose its good to know that the people who beat me up and stole my stuff are willing to sell it back to me.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Every guard has 2 potions of extra healing, which add up quick in the begging, so if you have a bard or a thief you should be able to get by on pickpocketing.
    ...however, don't count on a thief/cleric. I realized yesterday that I can't access the ability button outside the arena and for C/T, pickpocket and lockpick is in there. Rendered half the character useless, I had him specifically to pickpocket guards and open the locks. :|
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited February 2014
    That is disappointing.
    Very. I re-started and made an assassin instead. Yet another reason why the silly thief-mask thingy should be somewhere else for C/T. The placement is a major reason I rarely ever play C/Ts.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @KidCarnival @jackjack You should be able to assign a hotkey to the ability you can't access. Only the button is disabled, not the ability itself.

Also Enchanted Weapon is a great money saving spell since it lasts 24 hours, gives +3 weapons and can be cast in the bunkroom. I think in my last run I didn't buy any weapon except for ranged till tier 4.

Create Potion and Scribe Scroll are actually useful HLAs!
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    I tried casting spells in the bunkroom. A healing spell specificly. The anti-magic effect on my characters canceled it out. Did I miss something?
    You need to stand on a very specific spot between the bunk beds, not just in the room. I usually ctrl-J my party on a spot by targeting the bunk bed in the middle. You'll see the "miscast" icon disappear there. I created a ton Goodberries with my druid there (had no other level 2 spells at all), to save healing potions for the squishies. Goodberries won't do you any good for the frontliners, but a stack can be eaten by sorcerers and mages if it's a close call.

@Skaffen: That's a small consolation, but I still find the placement stupid. The thief ability is something you usually use very frequently and it's annoying I have to jump through hoops to access it - especially if the unused second "magic" moon icon sits there and silently smirks at me.