Skip to content

Help, need advice

I’m fleeing from Candle Keep accused to be a murderer (Chapter 5) and the Flaming Fist will attack me when they spot me. But there are so many places I haven't been and quests I haven’t solved yet. So what will happen now? Are the only choices either to go to Baldur’s Gate and finish the game and miss the exploring of the rest of the world or should I travel around with Flaming Fist after me and with a reputation of being a murderer?
I do have saved games from before I came to Candle Keep and got accused, so maybe I should load one of those? (But then I have played several " hours in vain")

Comments

• MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    You did not play in vain. You gathered experience.
    Now, load a previous save and explore a little more before going to CandleKeep. Enjoy
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You don't have to reload to before the murder accusations. You got several options:

1) Progress with the main plot to try to clear your name, so you can wander around Baldur's Gate unmolested. You can do more sidequests after this.

2) Complete quests outside Baldur's Gate. Have you been to Ulgoth's Beard yet? This is where all the TotSC expansion content is based. I roleplayed that my party fled there to escape the authorities and lie low for a while, completing a few quests in the meantime.

3) You can travel around the city via the sewers, which have entrances/exits in every part of the city, and isn't patrolled by Flaming Fists. This is when thieves come into their own, use stealth or invisibility spells to scout ahead, avoid Flaming Fist patrols.
  • SimnaSimna Member Posts: 21
    @ Heindrich
    So you mean that I can go on and finish Chapter 6, skip the End game (There's no problem with that? I mean, I will not automatically be moved to the End game?) and then go out on adventures?
    What about TotSC? Can I/should I go to Ulgoth's Beard before the End game? Do End game also mean the end of TotSC?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You won't be forced to rush into the end game if you try to resolve your 'framed' problem asap, though whether it's okay to mess around from a roleplaying perspective is questionable.

You must do the Ulgoth's Beard quests before completing the main game's final showdown, at which point the game ends and produces a final save file for transfer to BG 2.

Personally I think going to Ulgoth's Beard after being framed (or rightly accused of murder) is the ideal time to do so. You can complete all the Ulgoth's Beard related quests, including Durlag's Tower, and then return to Baldur's Gate to finish the main plot.