Skip to content

Strange graphics problems with all menus

Hi all,

I downloaded the game from steam today on my HP laptop running Windows 7, 64 bit; Radeon HD 6770M graphics card.

Unfortunately the game doesn't open properly. All menus from the main loading screen appear completely distorted by black and white stripes, with only the portraits showing properly. I managed to skip past character creation to start the game, and the main interface appears normal (but very slowly). However text boxes are also distorted in the same way. See attached pic for an example.

I have tried opening the game both normally and in compatibility mode; tried updating drivers etc, but have had no luck. I found very little mention of this problem on forums online, those that did mention this problem recommended updating drivers, which hasn't helped me.

Would really appreciate hearing your ideas for a fix, as I have been really looking forward to playing through the saga again.

Best,
M

Comments

• mishmashmishmash Member Posts: 2
    Here's the screen:
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Here is a discussion about the same kind of display problem. Some people have posted how they solved the issue but it seems there is no absolute answer.
    In particular, one involves a search on various international HP webistes.