Skip to content

Black Pits crew idea. Advice welcomed

So here I am at work. A long shift with lots of bordem and I start thinking of a black pits crew idea. The idea eventually turns into four kensai, a monk and a bard. The Kensai would stay kensai until they mastered their weapons, wich would be a quarter staff (Then dual classing into mage due to high int), dual wielding katanas (wich would then dual class into cleric due to high wisdom) , dual wield daggers and finally dual wield flails (both of them would eventually go into thief. One for stealth, one for locks and traps)

I was going to name them Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo, Splinter and April'o'Niel.

For obvious reasons I most likely will not actually be doing this. Chief amongst them being shame that I even put effort into thinking about it.

However it did give me an idea that did have appeal. Start off with four humans. Make them a fighter, berserker, kensai, and wizard slayer. Add a barbarian and dwarven defender. Eventually dual kensai into a mage, fighter into a thief (May use EEkeeper to make him an assassin), beserker into cleric and wizard slayer into thief with focus on locks and traps

My current idea is to dual the kensai at level 7, wich I have heard is the best time to do so, and make them user a quarter staff as their primary weapon. Focus mostly on int and dex.

For the fighter I'd have him dual wield two daggers, or possibly katanas (Since there are some very nice katanas in BP2). I'd probably dual him at level 10.

For the beserker I'd have him use a shield and mace, but no idea when I should dual class him. Thinking I might make it as soon as he masters his mace.

For the wizard slayer I'd most likely dual him the moment he masters the longbow. Though, if anyone knows, did they ever fix the bug with ranged weapons not delivering the casting penalty? If not I'll have to change my plans.

The dwarven defender I might actually use EEkeeper to turn human, then make them a shield and warhammer user. No idea if I'd dual class though if I did I'd most likely go cleric.

The barbarian would be your standard half-orc with a great sword and halberd.

So I suppose I'm asking this. Does this seem solid, or will I get my rear handed to me so badly that I'll never be able to sit again? I do plan to take them to Black Pits 2, and thats a bit of a step up from the original one. I might also switch out the barbarian with a human monk.

Comments