Skip to content

Is the Mac version compatible with PC version

steinmovessteinmoves Member Posts: 5
Hey guys, my friend and I each downloaded EE. One of us is on Mac the other on PC. We can't find each others games through the supported server. When we connect through IP, an error message pops that says the program version we have is different. Any thoughts?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2013
    Hopefully this helps... Apparently it is theoretically compatible.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15872/setting-up-bg-multiplayer-full-guide/p1
  • steinmovessteinmoves Member Posts: 5
    I've heard that Beamdog is waiting on Apple to approve the update for the two to be compatible. Is there anything that you've learned that leads you to believe the two wouldn't work together?

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Oh that might be the problem then. Yes both players need to have the same version of the game. Patch v1.2 was a big one. Even for 2 PC players, the game would not work unless they both had the updated game.
  • pjollpjoll Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    This seems to be a lot of problem with this?
    My friend and I are trying to get it working, me on a PC and he on a mac. I've got the latest version (1.2.2030) and he can't update to it.
    Had problem with the TCP/UPD and such - the guide help alot! But now we get the error message that we're on different versions of the game.
    So... Meaning mac/appstore takes forever to get the update live?
    edit: my friend went through beamdog's web (http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-II-enhanced-edition-for-mac-OS-X) and got the launcher so should be able to update now? Fingers crossed!
  • steinmovessteinmoves Member Posts: 5
    did it work? I feel like Beamdog didn't set the right expectation as we were purchasing this version
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i play bgee mac and pc with a friend and it works fine (as of 8th Dec when we last played)
  • whywakeupwhywakeup Member Posts: 3
    Hopefully this thread isn't too dead for me to bump. My friend and I are currently trying to initiate a multiplayer game (PC -> Mac) and are receiving the aformentioned incompatibility message. An update on the App Store has yet to materialize... It's February. I'm well aware that submitting anything to Apple is a tortuous process, but two months seem somewhat absurd.

Is there a download link somewhere on this site for the Mac .2030 update? I really don't care if Apple has approved it or not. We're scouring torrent sites, but nothing looks all that promising.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little grumpy. We've been at this for 2 hours or so already. I just hope I haven't missed some blatantly obvious solution somewhere.
  • whywakeupwhywakeup Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, I thought this thread was for BG2EE. Ignore.