Skip to content

Hello, want to get BG-playing friends

Dear everyone,
I joined this forum in hope of meeting people to play and talk about the game with. I didn't feel like I properly fit in with those big Baldur's Gate gaming groups, so I thought I'd give this a chance. Please feel free to add me on Steam, I love having a chat and all. Hope I'll fit in this forum too...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dyvel/

Sincerely yours,
Filp

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Greetings!

You seem like a nice fellow. This is one of the most troll-free places on cyberspace, and plenty of fire and acid arrows are available for righteous adventurers such as your good self. I'm sure you'll fit right in!

There are 'big Baldur's Gate gaming groups'? I don't know any BG community besides this one!

Welcome regardless. :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Heindrich1988 BG has many communities, I don't know much of them, most of them are about IE modding in general, but there was a Reddit "Friends of BG" group or something I think (@LIamEsler the Friend of BG badge).
    @Flip the Lord of Chaos greets thee mortal! (don't worry, I'm good guy (despite of having this icon) and I think the sky is green but we're all colorblind).
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

Greetings!

You seem like a nice fellow. This is one of the most troll-free places on cyberspace, and plenty of fire and acid arrows are available for righteous adventurers such as your good self. I'm sure you'll fit right in!

There are 'big Baldur's Gate gaming groups'? I don't know any BG community besides this one!

Welcome regardless. :)

you can find a BG section on the Bioware Social network still, as well as many other places. I would stay away from there, however, after the Mass Effect ending totally destroyed the community there as far as I can tell.

@filp greetings. don't worry this is one of the friendliest forums you can find. I have seen few cases of serious attacks on other members, and we accept each other's opinions. BG is a game of many playstyles after all. you will fit in here fine.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Greetings, @filp. You've certainly come to the right place! This is a very friendly bunch of Baldur's Gate people. When I started participating here about a year and a half ago, I soon realized I'd found a warm internet home, filled with great new friends. I've been coming here almost every day since.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Welcome aboard!
    It's all pretty shiny on here. We've got a fairly good balance of role-players and power-players and each seems to respect the other (almost all of the time). This means you can get excellent advice on any given scenario, or just chew the fat over whether a paladin should really be off-handing scimitars...
  • randykurmrandykurm Member Posts: 2
    Even I am new to this forum. Hope to have fun along with the various informative stuff in order to enhance the various relative aspects of the same.