Skip to content

Help: Full run-down of Neera's BGII Sidequests? (SPOILERS)

QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
I'm talking of course about the ways I help all of the different Wild Mages ...
You know, to stop them from dying a painful death apparently caused by disappointment in me.

And yea, I want specifics. Especially regarding Reginald, that seems confusing; and Wilson because like
Isn't that near the end of Rasaad's quest?? I'm very confused.

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2014
    ...watches thread with interest

I just went through Neera's quests for the first time last night and made many mistakes. There are a lot of counterintuitive components, imo, to the chain. I stumbled my way through them, but am curious to know for future playthroughs.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Will watch too but no matter what will never ever do the stupid cat collection thing :)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The cats drove me crazy. Every time I collected 8, I lost 5 on the way back. I'll also watch this. I only tried the questline once, and not to the end. I just wanted to unlock the Red Wizard store to get wands and Dagger of Venom.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    And how in the world are you supposed to know that even though you are given two quests to the same area; you must do one, return, go back and do the other, and then return again? That's redundant and no way a sane player would approach it!
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    edited February 2014
    Most of the quests are straightforward.

cat guy help him catch his cats.
    the lady with her son, when you go catch the cats eventually her son will go missing and you have to go to the forest and find him
    the drink lady, go to trademeet and buy her the drink she talks about
    Wilson's friend just talk to him and learn about wilson.
    Blue elf, give him the amulet to teleport back to the camp.

The only one i had trouble with was reginald. When he attacks you, you cannot fight back. just let him punch you without retaliating until he stops.
    And don't help the blue elf guy first. You miss out on other quests. Help blue guy last. (I missed all but Reginald and the stupid cats...)
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    The hairband quest isn't mentioned above. :)

The cats quest is the only one that's really annoying - I generally collect one or two at a time and return them (didn't know until after the quest on my last run was completed that you can get more cat food from Ding if you run out). Since they move around all the time, getting that last cat can be time consuming and frustrating.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    The cats were funny. I kept imagining trying to carry 8 cats at once. And boo...poor boo
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I had a hell of a time with the cats my first time around, but yesterday I downed an Oil of Speed and did it. Somehow none of them ever escaped, got all eight back. I will admit to quick saving constantly but I didn't have to cheese it, somehow. ;)

OK so on Reginald ... you wait until he stops attacking, and then he's just like "Will you not finish the job?" or whatever ... and that's good and done?
    And I just have to have the journal entry that talks about Wilson, for that part to be done, yes?
    I'm gonna keep looking for the woman's son but I'm having a hard time finding him.
    I removed my weapons and knocked Reginald out. Not sure if that counts as "finished" either.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    if you fight back against reginald he will die in the wizard enclave
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    Skaffen said:

Will watch too but no matter what will never ever do the stupid cat collection thing :)

Yea now I just C:CreateItem them into my inventory hehe. They are all the same item. I just can't be bothered with it. It means there are duplicate cats running around the wild forest but I can live with that.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @elminster Yes, their magic-mutated offspring could even have a nice cameo appearance in BG3 lamenting their fate that noone ever rescued them from the wild forest. ;)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    elminster said:

Skaffen said:

Yea now I just C:CreateItem them into my inventory hehe. They are all the same item. I just can't be bothered with it. It means there are duplicate cats running around the wild forest but I can live with that.
    I've Consoled into the game 11 cats.
    5 escaped.
    WHAT THE HELL!!
    I've consoled like 10 more and used CRTL+J, quest done :D
    Then I realized that I could exploit this... by making the cats fall to the ground and putting them in Dragomir's Respite... poor cats.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    I can't remember but can't you just stand in the camp and console them in? Them escaping shouldn't really be an issue.
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    Quartz said:

OK so on Reginald ... you wait until he stops attacking, and then he's just like "Will you not finish the job?" or whatever ... and that's good and done?

I initiated another dialogue with him after he said "Will you not finish the job?", and he said something to me about how he respected me for showing restraint and not fighting back. I'm not sure if this dialogue triggering is required for him to be saved or not though.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Kalesra Interesting, but it's not. All he ever said to me was "Will you not finish the job?" and he lived through the Mage Enclave.

All of them survived this time around. Thanks for the help.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    elminster said:

I can't remember but can't you just stand in the camp and console them in? Them escaping shouldn't really be an issue.

Yeah, you're right.
    You can make a stack of cats drop (by kicking Hexxat and having the CoD moved to your inventory, but I gave Dorn all the containers and that did well).
    And but it into a Bag of Holding...