Skip to content

[CRASH] Save Game Causes Crash When I Attempt to Load

TybertTybert Member Posts: 8
edited February 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Crash began occurring after I attempted to modify the .ini file to allow CLUA Console Access.

After beginning the game, I select "Baldur's Gate-> Single Player -> Load Game -> Tybert" or "Baldur's Gate-> Single Player -> Load Game -> Wasted Tanzig, Go To FA"

This causes the game to crash, forcing me to use task manager to exit back to desktop.

I have attempted the following:

Replace .ini file with previous version
Uninstall/Reinstall Game

I can still: Make, Save, and Load new games

and

Create a new game from the previously exported save file.

I am running a Windows 7 PC with an Intel Core i7-2600 Processor and an AMD Radeon HD 6670
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• TybertTybert Member Posts: 8
    This could actually be related to the Beregost crash bug, but I thought that had been fixed.
    Checked earlier Save. It works. This appears to be the Beregost crash, likely unrelated to the modified .ini file.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Have you edited the game/have mods installed?
    @Illydth @Dee please move this to BG:EE bugs.
    I attempted to edit the .ini file. Unfortunately I no longer have the edited version. It went poorly. I replaced it with a backed up version of the file. I have not modded the game.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Mm, strange, I have no knowledge in windows so I can't help with this case.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited February 2014
    @Tybert: It sounds like there's already a known issue with the problem you're having? I don't get a chance to follow the BG:EE boards much.

If there is, do you know what the bug number is on it? I'd like to mark it as a duplicate of something or if not we can get a bug report opened on it.

Can you upload the saved game that does NOT work for you? (the one causing the crash?) Also in the case of a crash there are crash dumps that appear in a dumps or crashes folder inside the same area as your saved game folder resides...if you have a crash dump you can create from this issue, please zip and upload that to the thread as well.

@ me when you get all that here and we'll work through it.

EDIT: GRRRRR...Crash dump and Saved game? You mean the two things you linked in the original post? Those crash dumps and saved game? *smacks head on desk* Illydth = Idiot.

I'll see if I can take a look at these. Thread moved to BG:EE Bugs.
    Obliged.
    edited February 2014
    Yep, happens on my copy also. Will post it up as a crash bug.
    @Cerevant: Crash Bug, Logged as #7518.