Skip to content

Question about Yoshimo / Renal / the Mae'var quest

Here's the deal: if you take Yoshimo into your party, he'll suggest that you go visit Renal Bloodscalp, which in turn will lead to a substantial side quest, viz. the Mae'var thing.

Now, it just occurred to me that if you don't take Yoshimo, will anything within the game ever indicate to you that there's something interesting available on the 2nd floor of the Shadow Thieves' building? My guess is no. But can anyone clarify this?

The reason I'm asking is that during those play-throughs that haven't included Yoshimo, my meta-game knowledge has allowed me to know that there's that Mae'var quest. But what if someone plays the game for the first time and doesn't take Yoshimo? Is he pretty likely to miss the Mae'Var quest?

(It's almost impossible to miss Trademeet, Umar Hills, Windspear Hills, the Unseeing Eye and de'Arnise hold. Another quest quite easy to miss is the one with the fallen paladins, but that's so small it's completely inconsequential.)

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    A thief hails you. Only once though.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Really? Wow. I've never seen that happen.

Thanks anyway.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Also the bouncer in front invites you in.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    if you're a thief yourself it'll be recommended by that thingy's kid...you know the guy with kid in the slums, the coo guy...bah you know