Skip to content

Yet another *spoilers* thread about Hexxat ToB quest

MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
Ok so i have done all the new quests. I really like the new content and there are many funny dialog options. Good job. About Hexxat, i have 2 questions:

1) what does spider-gnome (the one in the lich's tomb) do other than being a superhero? He would not interact with me. Was my charname not cool enough for him?

2) why does hexxat want to die human? Is it something explained in the romance? It just didnt make much sense to me

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    In the case of question one I believe he should attack you.
    MacHurto
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    2) The romance doesn't explained nothing. Sorry sir! :(
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @MacHurto: I don't know if the dialogue is specific to her romance, but one thing Hexxat talks about is that she didn't choose to become a vampire - it was forced on her. She has a banter with Haer'Dalis where he describes the sunset to her, and she asks him to stop because she can't bear to hear any more; it's pretty clear that she'd rather be human again for a split-second and die than spend the rest of eternity as an undead (although you can, of course, persuade her to refuse L's offer anyway and stay in the party...)
    jackjack
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    @shawne: cant remember if she says that. She does tell Rasaad that being undead is a pile of crap, though. However she is all about how she will do anything to survive. And then, she gets the choice of being the nazi guy from The Last Crusade and she takes it without thinking it twice? It just does not add up for me. Same with the options for charname to ask her to become a vampire too. When have we ever spoken about it? Why do I suddenly want to be a vampire when there is only one cloack?

About the sunset anyways, she has the cloack so she can watch it herself. Unless it only works as an umbrella, of course.

Anyway, I liked the quests (I would have liked to have more dialog with L, though) that last bit just took me by surprise. I would not have minded her becoming human and staying that way for the rest of the game (with crappy stats). But just playing a "you have chosen... Poorly" card... Or even her waiting for my godhood quest to finish or something and then calling in the favour, I dont know.

Anyway, just an opinion :-)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @MacHurto: I think what's unclear is whether Hexxat knew all along that L could "cure" her - if so, her determination to survive at any cost is because she wants so badly to complete her mission and thus die a human death. But if she wasn't aware of that possibility until the very last moment, then her initial desire to stay alive is just because she believes that's as good as it can ever get for her, and it's better than staking herself (not sure if there's some D&D lore about vampire afterlife that I'm missing...)

The cloak seems to be unpleasant enough to wear that she couldn't really enjoy the sight, certainly not in the same way that Haer'Dalis describes it to her (though, to be fair, he is a bard, after all).

You actually can get her to stay with you until you ascend, by promising her that if she ever changes her mind and asks you to kill her, you'll do it. The argument in that case is that all L is really offering her is death, and life - even as a vampire - could still offer something more for Hexxat if she's at your side.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    @shawne
    I always understood she knows he can make her human (at some point during her adventures with you she learns it, if i understood her dialogs) but it is a surprise she is going to die. I would have expected her to think about it twice and ask for advice being undecisive.

Anyway, I made her stay. it seemed strange I have to convince her (maybe with min CHA requirements?) when it is so damn obvious she can die whenever she wants.

Unless there is FR lore that makes her have a shitty afterlife as a vampire or something like that she would care about?

I take the point on the cloack being very uncomfortable. True enough. In that case, given I usually forget to take it off, now it makes perfect sense she wants to die :-D