Skip to content

Recruiting Mazzy Early

I want to recruit her early (like after the circus early). Is it possible to do her quest to the point you recruit her and just leave? I would hopefully return after completing some other quests.

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Yes, I have done that. You need some magic weapons against the skeleton warriors though. I recommend that you finish the first part of slavers quest at least, after that you can buy Azureedge if you are a good party, otherwise Stonefire for Korgan. You will want Tuigan for the lass anyway! :)

Maybe bring a prot from undead scroll just in case...

You can also get some weapons from tombs in the graveyard district and Daystar if you know where to find it without getting too much XP so that Mazzy doesn't waste her next pip in shortswords.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Azuredge owns the quest.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea its possible. Whats really difficult is getting her at level 8. Its the most ideal level (because you can change what she puts her level 9 proficiency towards) but you pretty much have to intentionally not level up in order to get her at that level.

But especially if you have a cleric with Holy Smite (Anomen/Aerie) it shouldn't be too difficult to pick up Mazzy.
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    Thanks guys. Getting through at low levels should be an interesting challenge. I was just paranoid Mazzy wouldn't let me leave mid-quest or something.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    It is possible to use EEKeeper to alter that level 9 proficiency point, which I consider pretty benign. You do really feel a difference heading out of the city at low levels compared to after gearing up a bit.

Running into Liches with only 1 or 2 +3 weapons on hand is a pain.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    You shouldn't run into any liches at those levels anyway.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Lich only require +1 weapon. The problem is the accompanying Greater Mummies that require +3 weapons. You can always rescue Mazzy and return later. The shade wolves and shadows require +1 weapon.
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    The other question is which weapon type to focus on?

I realize the answer depends a lot on the rest of the party:
    Charname - Axes
    Jaheira - Scimitar/Spears
    Keldorn* - 2H Swords, Sword dual wield
    Aerie - Staves probably
    Nalia/Imoen - Bows, Shortswords or Daggers

* Keldorn or Mazzy will probably be replaced by Mr. TOB

Currently considering:
    1). Bastard Swords - Imagine dual wielding foebane/purifier
    2). Long Swords - Lots of them, strength boosting, cool effects
    3). Halberd - Always been interested in these
    4). Flails - If haste worked with the +5 this would be higher
    5). Katanas - CF is nice, but there isn't much after that

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited February 2014
    I would definitely get someone invested in hammers. Halberds are also awesome.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Definitely recommend long swords. The Blackrazor is a great weapon. The Answerer makes subsequent hits easier, which means that Aerie and Nalia/Imoen can hit the opponents easier.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    I would suggest putting at least 2 pips in hammers for charname - you should have one blunt weapon for clay golems, bone golems etc anyway plus you can dual wield Crom with axe of unyielding later. Awesome combo, I usually spec Korgan that way and it rocks.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    I would go Foebane (easier to get than the purifier) with Kundane in the offhand.