Skip to content

Bonus weapon proficiencies?

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
edited February 2014 in General Modding
Is it possible to add additional weapon proficiencies to a kit? but not to the entire class?

As in a kensai or berserker start play with two free extra weapon proficiency slots?

Or at level 2 and/or level 4 kit "X" gains a bonus weapon proficiency?

Comments

• GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Obviously I can edit the PROF.2DA file but that increases all kits within the class

I've tried adding extra proficiencies via AP_**** files but so far, to no effect
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    I think the initial bonus proficiency points that a Ranger gets is hard coded. I haven't seen anything that externalizes it.

If you want to just give extra points, ie, a fighter gets 4 but a berserker gets 6, I don't know if that is possible either. As you can see, profs is where you allocate points at level 1. You could try adding the kit name at the bottom of the prof.2da file and see if the game reads it.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Rogue Rebalancing starts Blades with 3 pips in Two-Weapon Style at level 1, but they don't show up at character creation. The entire proficiency is blocked out and the pips are only applied after the game is started. It's not exactly what you're asking for but it might help as a reference.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Thank you for the information, to date no success, I believe this is hardcoded. That being said I still have hope that by adding weapon proficiencies via AP_**** may still be an option?