Skip to content

Are variables now importing?

On YouTube I found a video that contains the complete BG:II Neera romance. The first conversation (which I have never experienced in my game) seems to stem from the romance in the first game... I am just wondering if the devs have figured out how to import the variables or, is there something in-game (through the console commands) that can be triggered to change such variables? Thanks, and I have included the video link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FARN-jYlwj0

Comments

• WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Well, this is what I encountered in my playthrough (I romanced Neera in BG:EE, and in BGII:EE).
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    WebShaman said:

Well, this is what I encountered in my playthrough (I romanced Neera in BG:EE, and in BGII:EE).

@ WebShaman: I am playing a new character now (Imported from save game). When you encountered her for the first time in the Bridge District, and then had the first conversation what was that dialog like. Did you pick anything other than , "Of course I remember you," etc...?
    I have the steam version, I wonder if I somehow missed a patch? I am not sure how to check if my BGII:EE is up to date...
    No, I picked "Of course I remember you". I mean, she was my main squeeze back on the Sword Coast.
    @WebShaman Thanks I was just making sure (I thought maybe there was a different dialogue that I was missing). I am not sure why the first conversation in the above-mentioned video has not shown up for me, I imported properly. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have the Steam version...?
    Hmmm...

Well, I do not have the steam version, normal windows version here.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    They aren't importing (yet).
    edited February 2014
    @Dee So what is the deal with that first talk as shown in the video? I have progressed with the Neera romance, and she acts like the 'história de amor' never happened (BG1)... Thanks for your time.
    I do find that rather strange, that there are TWO different starts to Neera's romance. Anyone know more?

So why do I have the one in the vid, and others have a different one?
    Yeah, it seems that Talk 0: if travelled with in BG1 somehow recognizes that Charname and X has had a relationship before. Not sure how, though.
    edited February 2014
    Yes, I would like to know how it recognizes that Charname and Neera had a relationship in BG1...
    But...but I had that convo too and I didn't mod my game! I merely imported my charname from BG:EE (and he had romanced Neera there).