Skip to content

this game is SO BUGGED. PLEASE HELP

(spoilers do NOT READ ON IF U NOT AT CHAPTER 5 YET) k so in the underdark after the drow transformation and everything is fine exept my charname is CONSTANTLY stuttering, its like he s got a permanent spasm he keeps stopping and wont walk normally. has this ever happened to you before? how can I solve this its incredibly annoying and i want to stop playing

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited February 2014
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24795/hotfixes-workarounds-and-how-to-activate-the-console

there us something in there on looping conversations in the underdark
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2014
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited February 2014
    It's caused by regeneration. An old bug going back to the original BG2 - I'm assuming your PC is wearing the Ring of Gaxx or something similar? You'll have to take it off until Adalon removes your drow disguises, or use the BG2 Tweak component that fixes the problem (but then you'll have to load a save from before you meet her).

PS: You might want to report that in the Bugs section, as you're not the first person that's happened to...
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    thank you!
    @shawne
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    shawne said:

It's caused by regeneration. An old bug going back to the original BG2 - I'm assuming your PC is wearing the Ring of Gaxx or something similar? You'll have to take it off until Adalon removes your drow disguises, or use the BG2 Tweak component that fixes the problem (but then you'll have to load a save from before you meet her).

PS: You might want to report that in the Bugs section, as you're not the first person that's happened to...

The bug is actually already known about and it has been fixed ( #7125 for any beta tester interested). So whenever BG2EE gets patched next I imagine that will be one of many bug fixes provided.
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    @elminster do you by any chance know how to install the tweak component to fix this?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its not something I've tried myself. But as long as you make sure to correct the exe so that it installs it in your BG2EE main folder (which will depend on what you are running and where you bought the game) it shouldn't be too much of a problem. BG2 Tweaks is listed as compatible for BG2EE here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited February 2014
    Does someone know when the next patch will be out (post 1.2.2030) ?
    The list of 'little things to fix' (and not just 'dialogues') is beginning to be kinda long... and actually annoying when you actually begin to notice them (aka encounter them)... a patch fixing all that in one pass will certainly be welcomed now. clearly. Even for the most dilettante & absentminded (or geeky) fans! ^

ps; thx for the BG2 Tweaks link..always nice to know that is compatible to EE too now (&thx to CamDawg again it seems!)..
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    sunset00 said:

Not until after the Android release, I believe. Maybe at the same time or just beforehand.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    jackjack said:

sunset00 said:

Not until after the Android release, I believe. Maybe at the same time or just beforehand.
    Yes.. what i thought/guessed too.. but thx for your input too. I just somehow fear a little a BG1EE v1.2 scenario again.. major BG1EE patch 1.2 release and then.. nothing more (and god(s) know(s) there ARE many things to finish to polish in the BG1EE too! The introduced new 1EE 1.2 bugged Luck spell erasing all your profeciencies too for exemple, never officially fixed after 1.2, anyone?.. etc.. ;*) )... now, all the attention is focused legitimely (normal -ok) on the android release but.. i really hope that will not finish like the BG1EE v1.2 thing (all updates apparently interrupted with the BG2EE new major release & subsequent 2EE necessary first patches..).

But i hope will not be the same for (non android) BG2EEs though.. the 'glitches' list is too long now to be ignored, and many times we heard 'will be fixed in the next patch'.. so, i guess, yes, that will be in the next one(s).. just hoping will not be too long now, though.. *) I sincerely wish the android release will be a success for the team though.. for the rest of the adventure on the other platforms/game series later.. *)
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @sunset00 Good news is that there is movement on the next patch for BG1EE in spite of androiditis.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30378/the-road-to-v1-3-phase-i

The bad news is that I consider BG2EE much more buggy than 1 and in need of at least a stopgap patch as I had tried to put across in

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/470078

But at least something is happening and from the description many of the fixes should be easy to port to 2.