Skip to content

Wilson's quest and the hairband quest disappear after destroying the order

As the title, after go destroying the order, the girl disappeared and together with those two quests...Is it supposed to be like that?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I believe so yes. Did the people who gave you those quests survive?
  • ljwljw21ljwljw21 Member Posts: 22
    I believe there are bugs here, I didn't see how they survive or not at all, I just go back to the camp and some people are missing
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Well, all the people in the camp are in cages at the Red Wizard's Shop, so if they die there, then they don't show up later in the camp.

Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    That part makes sense, but the mechanics of getting to that point do not, imo.

Say it out loud: I know I need to go to the bridge district for two quests, but for some nonsensical reason I am going to travel there, find the hairband, NOT do the other quest there, travel back to the camp, and then travel back to the bridge district. 

Pretty much requires that you metagame...
  • ljwljw21ljwljw21 Member Posts: 22
    WebShaman said:

Well, all the people in the camp are in cages at the Red Wizard's Shop, so if they die there, then they don't show up later in the camp.

Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

I my case I actually did nothing at the cages. I was bored of the puzzle and just heading back to the camp.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Well...if they don't get released...they...die.
    edited February 2014
    JLee said:

Say it out loud: I know I need to go to the bridge district for two quests, but for some nonsensical reason I am going to travel there, find the hairband, NOT do the other quest there, travel back to the camp, and then travel back to the bridge district. 

You are kind of attacking the red wizards and (prior to that) interfering in their affairs. I'd expect reprisal on their part. So while it certainly comes swiftly I don't see what the big deal is. Also there are lots of quests where you have to go back and forth (between areas) for them. This just happens to be outside the city (which only really matters from a time standpoint). Also why can't you do all of the quests in the bridge district (with the exception of maybe the

quest accessible through the limited wish spell

while you are there?
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2014
    elminster said:

JLee said:

You are kind of attacking the red wizards and (prior to that) interfering in their affairs. I'd expect reprisal on their part. So while it certainly comes swiftly I don't see what the big deal is. Also there are lots of quests where you have to go back and forth (between areas) for them. This just happens to be outside the city (which only really matters from a time standpoint). Also why can't you do all of the quests in the bridge district (with the exception of maybe the

while you are there?
    I love the twist, but I think you are misunderstanding my point. You visit point A and receive 2 quests resolved at point B. Isn't it natural to clear both quests at point B before returning to point A? If you do it the more natural way, imo, there is no way to save the girl.

Imo, this could have been handled much better by placing Daxus in another region, Trademeet for example.
    edited February 2014
    JLee said:

elminster said:

JLee said:

while you are there?
    I love the twist, but I think you are misunderstanding my point. You visit point A and receive 2 quests resolved at point B. Isn't it natural to clear both quests at point B before returning to point A? If you do it the more natural way, imo, there is no way to save the girl.

Imo, this could have been handled much better by placing Daxus in another region, Trademeet for example.
    Sorry you are right. It had been awhile since I'd done her questline and I was getting things confused. I agree it was pretty bad design since as you say you have to go there and back and there again. Daxus in trademeet (or even the Umar Hills since that Inn doesn't have a lot going on inside) would have been better.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    JLee said:

If you don't have Neera in your party, you can find the headband but not do the second quest, so leaving Neera in the camp at first gives you a sensible reason to return to the camp before triggering the next event.