Skip to content

BG:EE Fangirl Fluff Fanfiction

batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25
I can't compete with all the epic novelizations on fanfiction.net so I'm going for romance.

It features heavily on Xan, Viconia and Rasaad. I've got chapters out now on each of their points of view plus CHARNAME's, and am writing a new chapter every week.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10031397/1/Till-Love-Do-Us-Part

My guy friends seem to be more interested in me writing pages of long battle scene descriptions so thought I should mention how 'fangirly' this story might read.

Hope you enjoy it and feel free to let me know what you think, even NPCs you might like to see (especially if we share the same sense of humor!).

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    batjelly said:

and am writing a new chapter every week.

You're already doing better than me. :)
  • batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25
    Heya!

I've been reading your story since last year :) Hope to see a new chapter soon!

I thank/blame Werdsmith for keeping me writing.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Well, shucks. *blushes* You actually guilted me into working on it today! I was already thinking of it, but you gave me the extra push. :) I thank you for the encouragement.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    batjelly said:

My guy friends seem to be more interested in me writing pages of long battle scene descriptions so thought I should mention how 'fangirly' this story might read.

Actually, romances work for guys too. ^_~ I haven't read that many fanfics yet, but this one caught me: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3231233/1/Hopelessly-Ever-After , even though it could use a little more proofreading.

I set my aim kinda high for the saga I'm writing (and probably falling short) and now I've hit some writer's block, but I'd like to think it has a mix of things to it, hints of romance included. When I write the action scenes I'm trying to summon up a little Beowulf into my Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

Back on topic, my favorite NPCs are usually the ridiculous ones with funny dialogue: Alora, Minsc, Xan, Tiax, Xzar. If you just feel like a challenge you could try using Shar-Teel or Eldoth, but... y'know.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    In part 3, "In that askance manner, they left the inn and continued south." Askance is misused in the sentence. its definition is "with distrust, suspicion or disapproval." If you mean that Bentley Mirrorshade was looking at them in such a way, say so. "They left as Bentley looked at them askance." But if you mean they were leaving under a cloud of suspicion, say that, too. "Leaving the inn with many suspicious glances behind them, they made their way south."
  • batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for spotting that! I'll be going back to tidy up the older chapters as I go along.

I was trying to say that Rasaad was the suspicious (and clueless) one since he wasn't about the night before, but no one else in the party bothered/wanted to tell him what had occurred. Xan was trying to get them to leave before Bentley or anyone else suspected them.

Will rewrite for clarity.

Meanwhile, am hoping to get Xan's POV up in the next two days :-)