Skip to content

Download Badurs Gate II EE

Where do you go to download Baldurs Gate II EE. I downloaded Baldurs Gate EE through Amazon.com and used Steam account.

Thank You

Wigmonster(Stewart)

Comments

• KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    edited February 2014
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I would suggest you buy directly from Beamdog (second link).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You can still do it the way you did it before as well (through Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Baldurs-Gate-II-Enhanced-Edition/dp/B00GHTP25G ) though Beamdog's probably the better approach since it helps the developers more (and costs the same).
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    Heh, I am downloading mine from Steam - price in euros kind of a matters, less of a hassle than converting my hardly earned gold to dollars. Though I don´t know why, but I downloaded BG:EE through Steam in a few hours, but have been waiting long and patiently for BG2:EE to arrive - running at 61 % currently.
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    @Tarlugn, I think it's cheaper from Beamdog though. It's 23 Euros on Steam and only $25 (about 18 Euros) from Beamdog.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Buying through Beamdog also provides a bigger chunk of money for the developers and ensures faster patching (steam users often have to wait a bit for the lastest Steam build, which is run by Atari).
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    @Kalesra, Awww... well, what I was thinking of asking about is if Beamdog download is faster. Sure, I wouldn´t mind supporting the remakers, and knowing now that patching is slower is kind of a meh. I´ve nearly completed BG:EE, and it has been mostly entertraining - the new kits, the zoom ability in the "camera", and the fancy coloring of characters took it´s time before I got used to it and not alarmed by seeing red circles near my party :D
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I don't know if there's been any changes, but when I bought BG 2:EE, it was significantly cheaper from Beamdog than Steam after conversion from $USD to £GBP.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    That reminds me, I bought a game from the devs' site, and they offered it for $29.99 or 29.99 €... guess which I took.