Skip to content

Evil Party bg1 advice

So i want to do and evil run through of the entire series from bg1-tob using a evil party i haven't used before, so please help me decide a few things right now the definite members i want to take are:

Myself (dark moon monk)
Dorn
Shar-Teel
Skie
Eldoth

so should i take Faldorn or Tiax as my healer cleric?

also is there going to be anyone that leaves the party, i know Shar-Teel and Eldoth dislike eatchother, but does it cause a conflict?

Comments

• WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    You already have thieving abilities covered with skie and eldoth, so Tiax won't be as usefull. You might want to take Vivonia instead, she is a pure cleric and pure evil, and might fit in your party.
    If you don't want her, then Fadorn.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    It depends on what level you plan on getting to Baldur's Gate. From a thieving skills standpoint Tiax and Skie really do best if you get there as soon as possible because their thieving skills are very spread out. If you are looking for a healer I'd probably go with Faldorn. If you are looking for someone who is more versatile I'd go with Tiax.

Its possible for Shar-Teel and Eldoth to fight to the death. Dorn and Shar-Teel may also fight (this is much more of a scripted event).
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Switch out Shar-Teel for Monty and Xzar. Gives you a thief until you get Skie and a caster until you get Eldoth. Then you sneak into Durlag's, take the wisdom tome and dual Xzar to cleric with it. Regain levels in Cloakwood/Mines, voila. Before you can get Skie, you can also take Viconia to have a healer so long. That way, you get a balanced party, with role takeovers when neccessary (Xzar --> Eldoth for arcane casting) and avoid the fight with Shar-Teel.
    Shar-Teel challenges Dorn, but Dorn will refuse. That is scripted, but they don't kill each other unless you pick her in the "accussation" dialogue. If you don't name anyone, Dorn won't attack party members.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Oh man, the day I named Imoen. She was so bewildered, and I laughed so hard. I instantly warmed up to Dorn that day. Too funny.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    @Baxyratty, were you planning to dual-class Shar-Teel to Thief (say, at level 3)? Or use Shadowkeeper to change her weapons profs and keep her as Fighter?
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    Viconia is absurdly awesome once you get the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, at which point she can wear really heavy armor and becomes very hard to hit (making her low CON much less important) and vicious with a sling (especially after being buffed with Draw Upon Holy Might). Earlier on you can give her Ankheg armor, which is light enough to wear without the gauntlets. I'm probably a little biased because I just think Viconia is the bomb, but still...
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    @lenernis i was actually thinking just using her as is as dps is she a decent dual class thief? and if so when should i dual-class her?
    @Baxyratty EE changed her weapons profs from large swords, small swords, and missile weapons (original BG) to long sword, dagger, and two weapon style. This kind of pushes her more toward Fighter/Thief in the opinion of many. She was once a great frontline damage dealer wielding a two-handed sword. Now in EE it seems folks tend to use her more as a Fighter/Thief. If I dual her I do so at level 3. Otherwise I use SK to change her profs back to match how she was in the original game.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    @Lemernis ok thanks
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I'd argue Shar-Teel is the best evil thief. She can wear a helm from her fighter levels, always nice to have. She's the meanest backstabber possible with her strength. She also has 2 profs in backstab weapons as fighter, so you don't have to bother getting her new gear after dualing, except lighter armor.
    edited February 2014
    Agreed about Shar-Teel, although Montaron is no slouch and he's a Fighter/Thief as well. Actually, Branwen makes a very formidable Cleric/Thief, speaking of dual-classed NPCs. You can't get the tome she needs till chapter 5, though.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Answering the questions: Drop Tiax and put Xzar as your necromancer/cleric dual class (need a book of wisdom for this). Shar-Teel come to clashes with eldoth, yes, but if your charisma is high enough you can reach the end of the game without this happening.

Without Eldoth in the party Skie isn't reasonable inside an evil party, Shar-Teel can make the thief role very well.

If you're a Dark Moon Monk, you're lacking some magic power in this party, so along with Shar-Teel, Dorn, Xzar (as necro/cleric), try to put edwin or Baeloth in the party. As the 5° character put someone you like most, give the party some personal touch of yourself.