http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM

Holy shit, what is this?
Forged in Odin's very flames.

Do mine eyes tell me lies,
A new Marvel Studios movie?

Time is nigh, I must fly,
Venture forth on my quest.

Goodbye Ma, goodbye Pa
And goodbye non-existent Girlfriend's breasts.

I'll be off Warner Bros, catch you later Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern.
I'll be gone Neck Snapping Superman, I'm no longer your fool.

Other crap filled the gap
While I waited to begin...

The adventure of my life
in the space with the Guardians Of The Galaxy!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I guess if you are more into the Guardians of the Galaxy comics this might be interesting, but having enjoyed the Avengers, Thor (not the second Thor movie though), Iron Man and a slew of other marvel superhero movies I have to say this trailer didn't make me interested in seeing the movie.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Can't wait. Rocket Raccoon is an amazing character, and an inspiration to small furry space warriors everywhere.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Yeah, Ill watch it, on account of the raccoon :)
    In all seriousness though, this was a disappointing trailer.
    Definitely the most risky project yet on the part of Marvel Studios, but I guess after all their successful movies they can afford it. I'm gonna watch it since I find the characters good fun (the series is mostly about BIG BATTLES, witty dialogue and bizarre situations as opposed to character development) but I'm not sure if they are well-known enough or accessible enough to non-comic book geeks to find an audience. Hopefully it will be good or at least not bad enough to contribute to the growing "superhero movie fatigue" (must be better than Green Lantern at least)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I think it's because of the very obscurity of the Guardians of the Galaxy that they went towards making this a comedic movie rather than a serious one. Nice to see John C. Reilly is still getting work, though.
    Well, The Guardians of the Galaxy kind of *are* comedic (Talking raccoon space ranger, giant tree that says its name repeatedly). The problem is that I think they are making the leader (Star Lord) a comic relief character, where he is supposed to be the "straight man" in a group of goofballs (along with Drax)