Skip to content

Ever Played With An Opposite Gender Voice Set?

I've always thought it was interesting how you could choose the voice sets for the opposite gender, especially considering you can't choose opposite portraits, but I've never actually done this. (though I'm considering making an effeminate elf. I know. Stereotypes.)

So my question for you all is have you ever played a male with a female voice or vice versa? If so, why? Accidental click? Role-play? Didn't like the male voice sets?

Comments

• NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Cross dressers are a thing.

And thats all I'll say on that.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    I've done it twice trying to do a BG:EE speed run and then a BG2:ToB speed run. My ToB speedrun took 12 minutes, while my BG:EE took 2,5 hours.
    To have a female portrait just grab a custom one :P
  • LesseLesse Member Posts: 81
    "Well, aren't you a fine looking lass. What's your name, sweetheart?" "Bernard" "..." :D

I did...sort of play around and turned my sorceress into a guy at one point so I guess that counts. My reasoning was I wanted to see if my character could get Viconia, Jaheria and Aerie to fight over her (then forgot she's an elf, so Vicy still didn't like me :()?
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @CrevsDaak‌ 12 minutes?! How the devil did you manage that one?! (besides being slaughtered horribly on a no reload challenge, of course)
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I was playing multiple romance with all female characters in my party. It was hilarious when my male PC gain a pair of boobs in the wild magic zone.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Elrandir 12 minutes is more than the double that @Smilge‌ (and Exploding Cabbage) took for his ToB speed run, I've just copied what he did in the video without a Familiar and without interrupting dialogs. ToB IS short, you don't have to kill Abazigal nor Sendai to complete it, you can kill Yaga-Shura with Mind Flayer form and Time Stop, you can kill Gromnir in just seconds by using some tricky spell combinations, etc.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    I've done this because I prefer playing a female, but wanted to be a male to see what the romance storylines were like. I also used ShadowKeeper (now EE Keeper) to make my character appear female on screen.