Skip to content

A few questions about SCS with BGEE

WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
Ok installed SCS the other day for BGEE - first time I have ever used it - installed most components altho in places where I had a choice between a little more difficult and a lot more difficult I went with the lesser option - (like enemy mages prebuffing only if/when they can see me - vs always prebuffing)

I noticed the mod seems to effect my saved games from before I installed it also which leads me to my first question.

1)Regarding placement of companion NPCs (to make them easier to recruit earlier) - will these NPCs always show up in the same (new) place or will their placement be more random (changing from one play-through to another)?

2) along the same lines - choosing to move the bounty hunters - will these be placed more or less randomly now or in specific new places? (I suspect random between several specific choices perhaps)

3) The option to replace some of the current +1 weapons with "fine weapons" - I'm guessing these "fine weapons" will NOT hit enemies requiring magic weapons to hit?

That's all for now I guess altho I suspect there will be more as I explore the modded game.

(moved from BGEE to general)
Post edited by Wanderon on

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited February 2014
    1) Not sure what happens with respect to a saved game that is opened with SCS installed where the relocated NPCs are concerned... Please report back!

2) I'm going to be as useless here as well, as I don't recall, unfortunately.

3) IIRC "fine," "masterwork," etc., are equivalent to the +1, +2, etc. versions of weapons in BG and they are not enchanted by magic. They are just of superior craftsmanship.

Enjoy SCS, it's a blast. It's a lot more fun playing against smarter enemy AI!
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Do the companions always show up in the same places in a game that's started after SCS is installed?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited February 2014
    They should, yeah. From the FAQ:
    Move NPCs to more convenient locations.

The NPCs who are moved are:

Eldoth - moves from the Cloakwood to the woods south of the Friendly Arm.
    Quayle - moves from Baldur's Gate to the Nashkel Carnival
    Shar-Teel - moves from a fairly inaccessible bit of wilderness to the Nashkel-Beregost road
    Tiax - moves from Baldur's Gate to Beregost
    Viconia - moves from the eastern forest to the woods south of Beregost.
    Btw, here's the FAQ:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-scs.html

The FAQ also has a link in answer to the question about the bounty hunters, but it doesn't work.