Skip to content

Group Infavision! On or off? And WHY?

Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
I myself, as of late, check that box and use it! What about you? Do you like it? Do you use it?
  1. Group Infavision! On or off? And WHY?46 votes
    1. Yes! I want to see all red around me at night!
      60.87%
    2. No! This is like cheating, and i don't like everyone seing in infrared!
      39.13%

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    It's kind of down to role play, at least in my mind. If you are a strict role player, you only want those NPCs with Infravision to be able to see. Otherwise, not so much. But if you don't role play, why handicap yourself?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited February 2014
    I would turn it off for everyone if i could it does nothing besides making the game uglier
    Post edited by element on
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    To clarify, I do not feel like using it is cheating, since I consider it mostly useless. I just feel that playing with it off makes it slightly less so. It also bumps up my immersion to leave it off.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Is it on by default? If so, I have it on. I never checked. I have nothing against seeing better.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    As a solo player this don't affects your only PC in any way if he has infravision, so I tend to have it On as I don't care.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited February 2014
    Infavision was, is and forever will be useless in Baldur's Gate. No reason to touch the option for group infavision at all.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I have it off because it is both useless *and* ugly.
  • RewolfRewolf Member Posts: 102
    On. I like red... a lot.... red like blood red...I wish the rivers run red!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    It's kind of useless, but I keep it on.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    How is it like cheating? I wasn't aware that it did anything.
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    edited February 2014
    I've played Baldur's Gate on and off since the turn of the millennium and I don't know?
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    CrevsDaak said:

As a solo player this don't affects your only PC in any way if he has infravision, so I tend to have it On as I don't care.

Unless you have the helm of infravision equipped...
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    It stands to reason that if one party member has it, then it should be active while the whole party is selected.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I would feel too guilty having it switched on considering the absolutely colossal advantage it gives you
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    If it had any actualy meaning than i would have let it on. But since it's completely useless I leave it per character to widen the roleplay feel.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I wouldn't call it cheating, per say, but when I already endeavor to use the rings of infravision on my humans, why make that effort useless? Not that it's even that helpful... I just need more good rings so they're placeholders.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

CrevsDaak said:

Unless you have the helm of infravision equipped...
    I tend to sell it for 250 GP to the Nashkel Merchant, but really talking I make him identify it so it gives me 150 GP only.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Always on. Never thought about why; it just is. I turned it off, and it didn't seem to matter at all and had no difficulty seeing everything. But I turned it on again just because I'd gotten used to it.
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    @CrevsDaak

What a waste! Helm of infravision is completely overpowered item in BG! Only a madman would let it go.

Clarification: The sentence above seems as a bad joke. But I play with insane ammout of mods installed. This includes breakable armor shields and helmets - plus removed helmet animations. And when you helm turns into a pile of rust and you get criticaly hit in next round - you will learn to love Helm of Infravision.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    Looks like the default is off. So it stays off for me. Honestly checking infravision out now it just looks bad to me.