Skip to content

[Known 7222] [HEXXAT] - bug after main Hexxat scene *SPOILERS*

butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I was able to get Fake Hexxat to rejoin my party after encountering real Hexxat. I am attaching the save to show this is the case, just after completing the Hexxat quest (as the journal confirms). If you load this save and walk to the right a bit, real Hexxat asks for the cloak and is able to join the party (and thus exist in the party at the same time as fake Hexxat).
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
    Also, here is a save prior to the fake Hexxat/real Hexxat scene...I reloaded the Quick Save I had just before the Hexxat scene. I have not been able to duplicate the bug yet (perhaps it depends on dialog options chosen--not sure what I did different the first time), but the first time I played through it I got the result posted above.

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Ghaaa! Could you not put gigantic spoilers In your thread title, Please? Not all of us have played Hexxat or bg2ee yet.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited December 2013
    Thank you. No hard feelings, I hope.
  • butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    I haven't played it that far after the bug, and it doesn't apply exactly as he describes, but it sounds related. After real Hexxat left and said she'd meet me in 2 hours, fake Hexxat was revived through no action on my part, could join the party, and said I needed to go to the tomb of Dragomir.

That said, this game is single-player. Also, unlike the post linked to above, I *did* have the original cutscene where real Hexxat kills fake Hexxat.
  • WolvssWolvss Member Posts: 6
    I realise this thread is a little old, however I'm in the same position - on single player. I had the cutscene as normal, but Clara just didn't die. After the cutscene when Hexxat ran off I could talk to her, just standing bu the tomb. I followed Hexxat, and she joined as normal. There I stopped playing, and reloaded. But here's the two saves, of my party before the cutscene, and my party with Clara and Hexxat.

• WolvssWolvss Member Posts: 6
    They were both next to the real Hexxat - along with the rest of the party. Basically from the save before the bug, I just ran the whole party over to the tomb, like I've done on all my other files I've played with Hexxat.

The only different thing I had on this file vs. all my others, was Protection from Evil - but then that didn't stop her dying when I tried to duplicate the error, so I guess that wasn't it.