Skip to content

Problem with Jaheira's quest

Hi, I'm not sure which forum this should go in, but I'm trying to sort out a glitch and would appreciate some advice.

Jaheira got summoned by the Harpers as part of her quest and never came back. According to a guide, we were supposed to get attacked by bandits before she got summoned - which never happened - and she was supposed to reappear after a single in-game day. At this point it's been many days and a bunch of real time, so I'm assuming the quest just got screwed up somehow. I was wondering what console commands or Shadowkeeper fiddling I could use to set things straight.

Possibly relevant: I'd done the quest with Xzar and Montaron much earlier on, and she had a fight with Viconia not long before she was summoned, which I sided with Viconia for. I had the multiple romance component of BG2 Tweaks installed, so I thought it wouldn't matter, but that might be the root of the problem.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2014
    Have you tried to enter another zone? It might trigger her appearing.

Also if i remember correctly the bandits aren't related to the harper hold quest. The bandits are a part of her romance while the harper hold (that point you're at now) is part of her normal quest. You'll have both of them if you romance her, but doesn't have to be precisely in that order. You won't go through the bandit one if you're not in a romance with her.

She also gets summoned several times to harper hold through her quest/romance.

It's been a long time since i've played with Jaheira so can't really say for sure.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    Oneiros said:

I had the multiple romance component of BG2 Tweaks installed, so I thought it wouldn't matter, but that might be the root of the problem.

You don't need to look any further. The multiple romance tweak has long been the champion of "mess up everything."

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    when you are in a romance with Jaheira you should rest in an outdoor location and the bandits plot happens. directly after the harper quest will start, while if you are not in a romance it will just happen on a timer. perhaps the mod doesn't stop it from disabling for a second before reactivating the romance, so while it was broken it triggered the harper quest. anyway you should just check in EEKEEPER if Jaheira is at variable 1 for her romance, and if so she is fine and what I say might be the case. just sleep outside and it should occur. if not then the mod didn't work and the romance disabled completely so now it just won't trigger