Skip to content

NEUTRAL SINGLE-CLASS NPC MODS?

Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
So, I finished my first complete run, from BG:EE to Shadows of Amn, to Throne of Bhaal, with my evil, single class party:
My female chaotic evil half-orc barbarian, with Dorn (romance), Viconia, Hexxat, Edwin and Korgan (then Sarevok in ToB).

Since I quite enjoyed my team of single class characters, I started a new BG:EE game with good aligned characters, but this time I imported from a multiplayer savefile three custom made characters, leaving only 3 spaces for NPCs.
I'm currently playing BG, with my own 3 characters plus Rasaad (gonna try romancing him), Minsc and Dynaheir (Mazzy, Valygar or probably Keldorn will take her place in BGII).
It's quite fun, although a bit "silent".

Now that I'm half-way through that one, I'm thinking I definitely want to make a neutral aligned party after this.
However, I wouldn't want to make half the team from scratch, but at the same time I'm not sure about using the single class neutral NPC options the game offers.
Haer'Dalis? Sure. Neera? Yeah, I guess... I want to see that romance. Jan? Oook. Cernd? Ugh, if I must!
Neera, Hear'Dalis, Jan, Cernd and a bear? We're gonna get slaughtered! Plus, I dunno, it looks a bit dull.

So... maybe there could be some mods which could give me a character or two for this team?
The characte requisites are two: neutral, and single class.
The mod's requisites are... well... not buggy, first of all... and and overall well done NPC mod, with interesting dialogues and maybe subquests. Oh, and something that carries over to ToB would be nice.

Comments

• Glam_VrockGlam_Vrock Member Posts: 277
    You're in luck! The Chloe mod provides a neutral, single-classed kensai NPC, which should fit all your...

The mod's requisites are... an overall well done NPC mod, with interesting dialogues

Oh.
  • Glam_VrockGlam_Vrock Member Posts: 277
    Okay, so there's also Arath (human Druid), Dace (CN human bounty hunter) and Xan. You know who Xan is.

As far as I know, they all have ToB content. I haven't played them myself so I can't say if the writing's good or not, but they've all received praise.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    That party really isn't that bad. Just make CHARNAME a fighter and your set. Remember, on core difficulty you can pretty much beat the game with any combination of NPC's.