Skip to content

Persistent online server

OzmaOzma Member Posts: 17
Hi all sorry if this has been asked before but does BGEE have a persistent online server?
I also haven't tried the multi-player so I'm not sure but I assume its just playing through the main story but obviously with other players?

I used to play on the Blackstone keep server on Neverwinter nights and it was quite fun, a mix of light rp / loot grinding and a main quest goal you had to work towards (defeating the big evil ) tons of side quests, a main city hub where players met to roleplay their chars, fight in the arena, sell/buy loot and go to a auction for rare items etc.

I don't think it does as it doesn't have a tile set to create custom worlds and quests like Neverwinter nights 1 and 2 did as far as I know but I'm not sure so thought I'd ask, shame if not :-)

Cheers all.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Beamdog.net is primarily a connection hub; it facilitates the setting up and connecting of game sessions, but there's no in-game "city hub" to meet players.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I've not played the games u mentioned, but I don't think BG would be suitable for the type of 'casual' multiplayer gaming where u just join a game, kill some monsters, and leave. There is no such thing as loot grinding or xp farming, hoping to drop an amazing awesome randomised rare item.

It's a different type of game, which u really need to play with a group of like minded players with a similar timezone and availability, similar attitude to roleplay/powergaming, metagaming knowledge, alignment and pre-agreed character classes. This forum is a great place to find such players, but it would take a miracle to randomly bump into 5 other people who'd share your ways of playing the game.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    I think what you're looking for is the Baldur's Gate - The Sword Coast Chronicles server on Neverwinter Nights 2.

It takes place some years/decades before the Baldur's Gate games when Myrkul and Bhaal still existed and those people have recreated almost, if not all the areas from Baldur's Gate 1.
    The BG city, Ulgoth's Beard, Durlag's Tower, the Friendly Arm's Inn, Cloakwood, etc etc.

It's the most popular server on Neverwinter Nights 2 which means tons and tons of people with a lot of custom classes also.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited January 2014
    Here are some pics from the official site. http://www.bgtscc1.com/forum/

Candlekeep.
    Iron Throne
    Underdark
    Cloakwood
  • OzmaOzma Member Posts: 17
    Very very late reply, but thank you Archaos. I'll check it out sometime when I get round to installing nwn2.
    Thanks to Dee and Heindrich for the info too :-)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Late reply? He posted on the same day you made the discussion.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

Late reply? He posted on the same day you made the discussion.

Ozma's late reply, I can't blame you, I thought the same when I read it.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Oh. Derp.
    Sorry
  • OzmaOzma Member Posts: 17
    Sorry should have worded that better, indeed my late reply :-)