Skip to content

How do YOU "Android"?

2»

Comments

• rickbdmanrickbdman Member Posts: 8
    I'm pretty much 'Daddy' during the day, and what used to be my personal computer in my office has become the family computer in the living room (and the office is now the kiddo's room). Unless I wait until after the kiddo's bedtime, any gaming that's above her maturity level has to be done on a more private screen. The phone is great for that, and for gaming on the can, as someone else mentioned. There's the commute to and from work, 20 minutes each way. More importantly, AT work it's against policy to install games on their computers. I can use my phone during breaks and lunch without any problems. Okay, and when it's slow at work. Or when I really, REALLY need to get to the next level and it can't wait.

Cloud saving between devices is important, too, as the phone is best during commute or on the can, tablet is best at work on breaks and lunch, and the full PC experience is best at the end of the day when the kiddo is asleep in bed and the big screen is all mine.
  • squalltheonlysqualltheonly Member Posts: 40
    I want to play it while doing laundry and at work.
  • glucero0glucero0 Member Posts: 4
    Baldur's Gate is a game I spent five months of my life playing (original game + DLC) and I want to take my time and go through it again. The original Icewind Dale is the only Bioware Infinity Engine game I've played multiple times but I'm looking forward to spending time with the game that started it all, once again delving deeply into the story and game play.
  • BruceHugoBruceHugo Member Posts: 9
    Finally have a reason to use my tablet. Play everywhere.
  • fooflamfinnfooflamfinn Member Posts: 18
    While I had quite a few deciding factors on why I bought my Nexus 7, getting to play Baldur's Gate on it was definitely one of them. I first played the game back in college on a floor mate's PC because I was dead broke (funded myself through work, scholarships and grants) and couldn't afford a computer of my own. Having been a big fan of D&D back in high school, I instantly fell in love with the game. It got me through breakups, finals, and a few awesomely drunken nights (yes, I left parties drunk to go play the game). I owe that dude a lot, but this game? It's more than nostalgia for me. It was my first true digital RPG experience that reminded me of tabletop gaming and often replaced it for me.

While I know I can't recapture all that crazy awesomeness, I'm still excited to get to play this amazing game again any where I please. Van pool? Yep. In bed? Oh yeah. On the potty? Well, duh.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I'm an iPad user, and I wanna share this;
    It's not about playing bg in the toilet.... It's about playing on the sofa', then moving to the toilet, then finally going back to the sofa' playing BG UNINTERRUPTED!!!!
    CrevsDaakRookrockfooflamfinn
  • kyoreikyorei Member Posts: 12
    For me it's about having a decent game to play when I'm away from home, travelling, maybe staying at relatives, stuck in hotels etc., and BG is the only game I'm interested in playing on my tablet!
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    Usually I play casual games on my tablet while I listen to audiobooks or radio comedy/drama. But BG will be different, it will be the only game I will pick up my tablet purely for playing a game
  • Spellsword82Spellsword82 Member Posts: 15
    I don't do much on Android because the only thing I really want to do on it still isn't released yet. Go figure...
    diggerbSqeakywheel
  • dethbringredethbringre Member Posts: 18

I don't do much on Android because the only thing I really want to do on it still isn't released yet. Go figure...

Same here, I bought a 10.1 galaxy tab and I've spent less than an hour on it since I bought it last year in anticipation of BG being released.

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    playing Baldur's Gate on my tab wherever I go will be cool, when I'll have time to ofc ;)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'd ask you to keep the thread on-topic, but I've gotten pretty much everything I need from everybody. Thanks for the words!
    CrevsDaakChetkaguanaRAM021
This discussion has been closed.