Skip to content

Invalid Dialogue Strings

TasrayaTasraya Member Posts: 15
I'm having a bit of an odd problem. I'm fairly familiar with mods, though not so much with the Enhanced Edition in general. I've recently created a fresh install of BGEE, and added a few mods from the compatible list--IWDification, MSFM and BG2Tweaks, if it matters. On starting a new game, however, the dialogue strings for any mod-added text comes up as Invalid:32557, for example. The number is different for every string, and I assume it's giving the string number that somehow isn't showing up in dialog.tlk. What have I messed up? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice now to try and fix this, each time deleting all BGEE-created folders before reinstalling. If it matters, mods were extracted to my 00766 directory and installed normally each time, with no reference to problems finding dialog.tlk or any such thing. Any suggestions?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    I can't say for sure, but it sounds like you have installed the mods for the wrong game language (not to be confused with the languages provided by the respective mods).

When you install a mod for the first time, WeiDU asks you to specify the game language you want to install the mods for. Your choice is permanently stored in the file weidu.conf within the game directory. If you have made the wrong choice, you should uninstall all your mods, delete the weidu.conf and install your mods again.
  • TasrayaTasraya Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2014
    Yep, that was it. Somehow I wasn't getting asked for a language selection, and the first mod I installed automatically assumed I wanted Czechoslovakian. Not sure why, but oh well! Thank you. :)
    Post edited by Tasraya on