Skip to content

Can I "find" a thief somewhere?

Hi, I'm pretty new to this type of talking and such. I'm playing balders gate on the iPad. I 've done most of lower stuff but now I'm in balders gate the city. Any way I was approached by qauyle ,cleric/illusionist, when it went over the bridge to join my team. Is there a thief that would approach me and want to join my team?
Thanks

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    There most certainly is, brave warrior @flounder!

In the Hall of Wonders is where Alora will approach you. She is an NPC thief that can be a member of your party if your reputation is 8 or more. Offer to help her keep watch, then speak with her two more times for the opportunity to have Alora join your adventuring group.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Also, consider Safana, a neutral female thief found on the "lighthouse" map southwest of High Hedge.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited March 2014
    There is also Shar-Teel who can be dual-classed into a Thief.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I would warn against taking Quayle and Tiax together, they really don't get along with eachother very well.

Alora is a safe choice. You can find her within Hall of Wonder's in the west section of Baldur's Gate. She only shows up between hour 20 and hour 2. Just make sure you talk to her a few times so that you get the dialogue for her to join you.

If you are looking for any other help finding information on the different NPC's you can check out my NPC Guide to BGEE here (I'm not certain if this works on Ipad's as I've never tested it on one).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183524786#
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    it would be remiss of me not to recommend Alora, my favourite BG1 npc

I would also strongly recommend the Elminsters guide in the post above it is quite excellent
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    At the start of the game, just after the encounter in the woods with the armoured dude and the archers and the magic blasting and the drama, a thief lady in a pink outfit joined your group, by the name of Imoen.

What happened to her?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'll recommend a guide for your second playthrough:

http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_NPC_Rundown

This site has a lot of pretty useful information, but I'd save it until you know the majority of plot twists and so on. For all the stuff you miss, you can find hints and suggestions there.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    flounder said:

I 've done most of lower stuff but now I'm in balders gate the city. Any way I was approached by qauyle ,cleric/illusionist, when it went over the bridge to join my team. Is there a thief that would approach me and want to join my team?

It's amazing that you've gotten as far as you have without a thief.

And to answer your question, every NPC that you encounter in BG City is a thief - however, one of them requires that you have a certain previous NPC in your party already.

Ironically, about half of the thieves that exist in the game aren't available until the later portions - in other words, too late to get their thieving skills distributed in the most appropriate manner.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Coran was on a bridge in Cloakwood the big scary forest with spiders and other things that want to kill you. He is a multi-classed fighter/thief as well. (and with that perfect 20 dexterity score!)

There is also Skie in Baldur's Gate city, she is the daughter of the Duke Silvershield and you need to have the wicked bard named Eldoth in your party for her to join. She is a single classed thief.