Skip to content

Monk Fist Progression Modding

ForliezenForliezen Member Posts: 18
With one of the last patches, MONKFIST.2da became an externalized file that could be altered via DLTCP or another similar editing program. However, a change to this file would become a blanket change to all monk kits. I'm currently working on a kit for a monk that I would like to have progress to +5 fists but, for the sake of later posting the kit for others to use, I'm looking for a way to alter monk fist progression for a specific kit without using this blanket alteration. Is this a possibility?

Comments

• wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    Script it. Like this.

If
    Class(player1,monk)
    !kit(player1,blah blah)
    Level( player1 25)
    Then
    Give ability
    End
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    At levels that would differ from the typical MONKFIST.2da progression, you could include a applied spell in the CLAB with an Opcode 143 with the slot set to "Fist" (10) and the item set to the appropriate monkfist.itm item.

I'm not sure if you would need to do it at every level where the fist progression would be different or just at the levels where MONKFIST.2da changes, but it is possible to do this without using a script.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    One of the big problems with overriding monk fists via spell is that it doesn't persist through saves. You'd need to set it up so that it applies the alternate fist at the right levels and then also re-apply it after a load.

Alternatively, EFFs can now target kits in the EE. You could attach an EFF to the default monk fists that swap them out for your alternatives.
  • ForliezenForliezen Member Posts: 18
    Hmm, that probably sounds more difficult than it is, but I'm still likely going to have to spend a few days working it out. Thanks for the advice, and I'll see what I can come up with.