Skip to content

Build a power party...

Ok, so I was pondering what the most powerful party (Charname + 5 NPCs) would be… but, as has been well argued elsewhere on here, with enough meta-knowledge ANY combo can be game beating.

So the scenario is this:
You have to put together a party to clear a totally unseen BG2 dungeon… you have zero meta-knowledge, other than that you'll be locked in (as with the Planar Prison), you could be in there for a while (Watcher's Keep-esque), and you have to play it in minimal/no reload style ("There are no continues, my friend.")

My attempt:

Charname - Ranger/Cleric - full suite of divine spells, strong self-buffing capabilities (narrowly beating Kensage)
Korgan - Main tank… shorty saves & 'zerker immunities
Keldorn - Mage buster extraordinaire
Edwin - Massive spells/day makes him a naturally versatile primary caster
Jan - Thieving skills will be essential in a blind scenario, and he's also a solid support caster
Rasaad - Magic resistance is cool, but this pick is mostly because monks rock!
booinyoureyes

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Interesting topic

One thing that must be considered: Starting Level
    Rasaad would be a lot more useful at lvl 14 than at level 2
    Also, items can change a lot!

Keldorn I think is indisputable, because even if his super important special abilities somehow don't come in handy in this random dungeon, he's still a serviceable fighter (ie he can hit things in the face)
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

Interesting topic

One thing that must be considered: Starting Level
    Rasaad would be a lot more useful at lvl 14 than at level 2
    Also, items can change a lot!

Keldorn I think is indisputable, because even if his super important special abilities somehow don't come in handy in this random dungeon, he's still a serviceable fighter (ie he can hit things in the face)

Good point… I guess I was assuming that the dungeon would be scaled to level.

For the sake of argument, lets say mid-late BG2 (c.2million Xp)…