Skip to content

Bards/Blades Pick Pockets and Lore

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    For what it's worth, Jesters have the same lore and pickpocket scores as a vanilla Bard.
    As to how high they get, I'm afraid I'm uncertain. I think pickpocket tops out around 170/180, and lore is obviously wisdom dependent.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2014
    Lore will be still be higher than any other non-bard class.

Pickpocket, I seem to remember capping around 70ish… but there are the very useful gloves at the copper coronet, and potions.

Blades are awesome!

Edit:
    Just checked my ToB final save, Level38 Blade had 75 in PP, and 200 in Lore (Int18, Wis13).
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    Interesting...it looks like lore continues to grow all the way through, but pickpocket is capped pretty early.

@abacus‌ What was your dex score, and were you playing as a human or half-elf? Curious how much of that 75 in PP is from racial/ability score bonuses.
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    @elminster - so this means that a vanilla bard gains 100 pts towards pickpocket from leveling, correct? (I think I've read that humans start with a base value of 15 in PP.) So if the blade was being handled correctly (which we can hope to see in a future patch), you would expect them to gain 50 pts through leveling, plus base racial/dex/item bonuses?
    A Boohova's witness! Run! Run to safety!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2014
    Vakarian said:

@elminster - so this means that a vanilla bard gains 100 pts towards pickpocket from leveling, correct? (I think I've read that humans start with a base value of 15 in PP.) So if the blade was being handled correctly (which we can hope to see in a future patch), you would expect them to gain 50 pts through leveling, plus base racial/dex/item bonuses?

A regular bard would start out with 40 at level 1 (I assume 15 of that comes from the base thief scores) and then gain 5 until level 16 (115 pickpocket). So I guess strictly from leveling blades would be gaining 37.5 points (115-40/2) towards pickpocket (which I think is rounded down to 37).

Basically things are really messed up at the moment. Right now a half-elf Skald with 18 dexterity starts out with 14 in pick pocket. Being a half-elf should be granting them 10, 18 dexterity should be granting them 10, and the human bard (without a dexterity bonus) starts out at 40. A half-elf Skald with 18 dexterity should be starting out with 30 (40/4 + 10 +10). Instead I'm guessing that the game is taking the racial and stat bonuses, dividing them each by 4, rounding that down, and then adding that (4 points) to the rest of the pick pocket score (which would be 10 since its also divided by four). Its the same situation for blades.

Report #7421 for any of the beta testers or devs looking at this post.
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197

Hello, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior The Rogue Rebalancing Mod ?

I think it makes a bard playthrough much more interesting, and worth checking out. It gives you access to up to lvl 8 spells (at very high levels) and adjusts the kits to make each more playable and unique. It also adds a couple really cool items and one incredibly difficult optional encounter that you can talk your way out of with real roleplaying decisions! I recommend checking it out! The creators did a very good job

I was playing a jester recently with the RR mod. I encountered a problem though. The jester's song is not working right / at all. So I decided to ditch him for a blade.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    hmm. I made Garrick a jester in my game with RR and it seems to work fine. I play the song then the baddies "light up" with a "foooshhh" sound. I'm not sure if it is having the effect it is supposed to, but I'm sure that it is having *some* sort of effect. It would be sad if this entire time it was doing nothing!
    In my main playthrough, I'm currently running a Jester using RR, and have not had such an issue.
    Odd, indeed!